DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I bought one, did you?

Sold my Spark FMC and extras, ordered the Air FMC last night in Onyx Black. Mostly excited about 3-axis gimbal & 4K video.

Sold my Spark FMC and extras, ordered the Air FMC last night in Onyx Black. Mostly excited about 3-axis gimbal & 4K video.
I was thinking about selling my Spark, but being that the market for them isn't too high I'm going pass it down to my nephew.

I’m waiting for the real reviews on YouTube once people start receiving them. Those YouTube videos will get the greatest amounts of hits and I’m curious to see the real world facts on the MA.
One guy did a hover test of it and only got about 15 min max from it.

I was thinking about selling my Spark, but being that the market for them isn't too high I'm going pass it down to my nephew.

Yeah I lost my *** on sale but it helped offset the Air’s cost. Now I just need to sell the BNIB (never used) Polarpro ND filters.

How did you change the shipping address for this order? I added my office address in my profile, but the order is showing to my house.
Doing it on the profile didn’t work, did the same thing. You need to use the chat function and talk to a DJI tech person, I couldn’t get anyone on the phone, but using the chat function, I got someone to change it for me. I think it’s dji.com/support. also, it takes a few minutes to swing over to the new address.

I’m waiting for the real reviews on YouTube once people start receiving them. Those YouTube videos will get the greatest amounts of hits and I’m curious to see the real world facts on the MA.
One guy did a hover test of it and only got about 15 min max from it.

He also landed it at 20% battery.

Have you guys watched any of the reviews that suggest the Air’s all plastic build could be an issue?

Have you guys watched any of the reviews that suggest the Air’s all plastic build could be an issue?
I can't see it being no more of an issue than any of the other DJI consumer drone platforms.

I ended up purchasing Onyx black Air. I have the Mavic Pro already, but when I went to Iceland I was wishing the mavic pro was a little smaller (shocking I know). My backpack was full of camera equipment and I kept saying I wish there was a few more inches of space to fit what I needed. From all of the youtube reviews I am seeing, it seems the 4k quality is even better on the air than the pro.

I think that the lads and lasses that have bought an air are going to need a new forum at this rate, I think all drones are plastic as far as I’m aware. This air hate thing is getting like brexit in the UK. I didn’t mean you gnuPilot I have seen that comment aswell.There just seem to be an overwhelming dislike of this drone before it even hits the shops or even tested properly.

His 15 min flight time was calculated using thatbleftbover battery life. He landedway prior to 15 min.

Landed just after 15 min...calculated 19 min to 0% (using a fixed rate, I'm sure)

Also I think he phrased the advantage of translational (forward-moving) flight a little strangely; my understanding is that you stay out of your own toroidal 'downwash' while moving, whereas a stationary hover keeps you right inside it and working harder.

Succumbed, and ordered a red one. The fleet keeps growing. I really have to stop...

Last edited:
I was going to cancel and reorder, but the site says ships 3 to 5 days after payment. It said the 28th with ordered a couple days ago. Can't risk a delay if I cancel!

I was going to cancel and reorder, but the site says ships 3 to 5 days after payment. It said the 28th with ordered a couple days ago. Can't risk a delay if I cancel!
Yeah I noticed that earlier today

Argos in the uk are saying delivery for the mavic air within 2 days now on there website. Hopefully DJI will be similar timeframe [emoji849]

Mine has shipped! I ordered from djistoreoc.com this morning and cancelled my dji order.

Reactions: RicknTX
I suspect that Monday or Tuesday we will see some people in the USA getting shipping notifications. I think January 28th is the week rather than a ship date since it is Sunday.

I suspect that Monday or Tuesday we will see some people in the USA getting shipping notifications. I think January 28th is the week rather than a ship date since it is Sunday.
Shipped:

upload_2018-1-27_8-22-57.png

Reactions: philh24
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky