DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can see the prop?

zakeblack

Reactions
Just noticed at times in video I can see the prop on left side is this normal? Its not visible the whole times only now and then.

Thanks

Andrew

Yes, it can be perfectly normal if doing things like flying in sport mode in windy conditions. Here are some things you can do to prevent the props from coming into view:
  • Fly slower
  • Tilt the camera down a bit
  • Fly backwards
And if you're seeing prop shadows (like this) and not the actual props, you can prevent that by flying in a different direction or by using a camera hood (like this one).

Last edited:
Reactions: BD0G
Just noticed at times in video I can see the prop on left side is this normal? Its not visible the whole times only now and then.

Thanks

Andrew

It happens mostly when you are flying towards the sun, or the sun is at an angle that disrupts the video signal. See f it happens when you are flying away from the sun.

Using the correct ND filter will help. Fixed wing pilots have the issues, see video how we solve that problem.

Using the correct ND filter will help. Fixed wing pilots have the issues, see video how we solve that problem.
you got to be more specific... the idea is to set recording mode to 4k30 or 4k24 and set shutter to 1/60 or 1/50 speed. for that you will need ND16 or ND32 Nd filter used to be able to set this M mode for recording and maintain correct exposure. at that shutter speed propeller will blur.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4