DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Caved, I Kept the Mavic 3

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I even had the amazon return label printed and ready... However, I flew my air 2 this morning and just realized.. I didn't want to be stuck with just it for another few months.

It doesn't sting so much to admit this in here... But let me tell you, the wife really had a laugh with her "I told you so"...

Teach her when I buy a separate RC pro controller.....

Was it the new update that swung you to keep it?
Regards

It helped, we still need a lot of fixes though as its still buggy. I work in software and delivery so I kind of get how these things go... DJI has made a good (yes expensive) drone... I just enjoy to fly and flying the air2 vs the 3 is so different they better be glad I didn't buy the air2s might be a different story.

Reactions: Gagey52
It hard to go back to standard flight times, I also almost caved in today also after seeing the DJI response to the 5 Minute Home Point Register. but took it out for one last spin and just could not do it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 In the Rain . Land on Water and look pretty while you wait for GPS Locks.

I even had the amazon return label printed and ready... However, I flew my air 2 this morning and just realized.. I didn't want to be stuck with just it for another few months.

It doesn't sting so much to admit this in here... But let me tell you, the wife really had a laugh with her "I told you so"...

Yeah! That'll show her! I'm still keeping my Air 2. It's the only DJI drone that Freewell makes Anamorphic lenses for which actually do a lot more for creative video than the Wide Angle Lens fir Mavic 3. At least it doesn't restrict you to video and photos with all other modes disabled. Freewell makes them in CLEAR, ND8, 16,32,64 for 49 BUCKS! they are out of production though so grab one soon if you want to explore tge look!

Last edited:
Yeah! That'll show her! I'm still keeping my Air 2. It's the only DJI drone that Freewell makes Anamorphic lenses for which actually do a lot more for creative video than the Wide Angle Lens fir Mavic 3. At least it doesn't restrict you to video and photos with all other modes disabled. Freewell makes them in CLEAR, ND8, 16,32,64 for 49 BUCKS! they are out of production though so grab one soon if you want to explore tge look!
Hey BlairAir, where did you find them for $49?

Hey BlairAir, where did you find them for $49?
I'm sorry. Typo. I meant $39 - or rather the clear, ND4, ND8, ND32 and ND64 are $39. The ND16, probably the most popular is $51, lol. I started with clear, but returned it for ND8. Tough to choose since seeking out that blue lens flare often means grabbing some sun or bright reflections. I don't want to buy them all... well I do, but that gets a bit pricey of an investment for the still excellent but dated Air 2. I sold my Mini 2 in a fire sale of less-used drones to help offset the 3's price tag. I miss it, but the Air 2 took its place as my ultra portable drone (the fly more bag is within an inch of the Mini 2's)

Here's a link to Amazon's page for Freewell Air 2 filters and the 5 anamorphic lenses:

Freewell ND8 Anamorphic Lens Compatible with Mavic Air 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MF54Y6...t_i_BBKEWGSNZYR0XJ3ACX3S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And a link to a YouTube channel where this guy does great videos he calls "constant flow" and loves anamorphic so much he repurchased an Air 2 to use the Freewell Anamorphic. Remember that existing stock is probably it, since Freewell discontinued these. Get 'em while you can, lol 😆

I have several drones and fly to enjoy freestyle type flying. I have a M2 but not the M3. You mentioned that the M3 flies so much better than the M2. Can you describe this in more detail? Might be enough to buy the M3.

I have several drones and fly to enjoy freestyle type flying. I have a M2 but not the M3. You mentioned that the M3 flies so much better than the M2. Can you describe this in more detail? Might be enough to buy the M3.
I put it up in storms and high wind, really just worry about it getting too wet.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

DJI thanks you. :-0

• Haha
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
What's chapping my hide is DJI's snobby attitude towards us mates' here in the States. They say they will offer the RC Pro Controller (as a package) in the U.S. "if" demand warrants it 🤔😒 . . . what the hell am I supposed to do? Scream out the window "I want one" . . . DJI needs more accountability when it comes to customer relations . . . DJI, DO BETTER!

I'm sorry. Typo. I meant $39 - or rather the clear, ND4, ND8, ND32 and ND64 are $39. The ND16, probably the most popular is $51, lol. I started with clear, but returned it for ND8. Tough to choose since seeking out that blue lens flare often means grabbing some sun or bright reflections. I don't want to buy them all... well I do, but that gets a bit pricey of an investment for the still excellent but dated Air 2. I sold my Mini 2 in a fire sale of less-used drones to help offset the 3's price tag. I miss it, but the Air 2 took its place as my ultra portable drone (the fly more bag is within an inch of the Mini 2's)

Here's a link to Amazon's page for Freewell Air 2 filters and the 5 anamorphic lenses:

Freewell ND8 Anamorphic Lens Compatible with Mavic Air 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MF54Y6...t_i_BBKEWGSNZYR0XJ3ACX3S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And a link to a YouTube channel where this guy does great videos he calls "constant flow" and loves anamorphic so much he repurchased an Air 2 to use the Freewell Anamorphic. Remember that existing stock is probably it, since Freewell discontinued these. Get 'em while you can, lol 😆

Thank you, its on the way ;)

You are stronger than me bro!! 😂😁 I had the label printer fit 2 weeks! Last day to return was Feb 1. I mailed it back Jan 31. Just could not make myself keep a defective drone like this. 🤦🏻 Way to much money to put up with the headache. Good luck

Reactions: Macronaut59
What's chapping my hide is DJI's snobby attitude towards us mates' here in the States. They say they will offer the RC Pro Controller (as a package) in the U.S. "if" demand warrants it 🤔😒 . . . what the hell am I supposed to do? Scream out the window "I want one" . . . DJI needs more accountability when it comes to customer relations . . . DJI, DO BETTER!

My guess is that someone overestimated how many people would want the Cine package given it came with the RC Pro. And I am sure the market responded with "hell no", so they are scrambling to correct for that. They will want to put everything into one box, so that is likely the delay - new packaging, etc.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I bet a whole lot of M3 “renew” pop up on DJI site soon. I bet they will knock off a good $50 and make them a real bargain.

You are stronger than me bro!! 😂😁 I had the label printer fit 2 weeks! Last day to return was Feb 1. I mailed it back Jan 31. Just could not make myself keep a defective drone like this. 🤦🏻 Way to much money to put up with the headache. Good luck
Where did you return to? I’m surprised you can cut it that close. I thought it had to be in their hands by the deadline, not out of your hands by deadline.

My guess is that someone overestimated how many people would want the Cine package given it came with the RC Pro. And I am sure the market responded with "hell no", so they are scrambling to correct for that. They will want to put everything into one box, so that is likely the delay - new packaging, etc.
I agree with that. Now we know they (DJI) scratched that idea and will no longer pursue a new combo package deal with the RC Pro Controller (Mavic 3 RC Pro Fly More Kit - Cancelled!). So with the help and ingenuity of one of the pilots . . . I'm pursuing an alternate purchase scheme to get both at a cheaper price (ultimately) . . . I'll keep this forum posted if it works 😊!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman