DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I dodged a bullet (medically).

Former Member

Reactions
Hello everyone, hope you are all ok.

Trying to make a long story short (which Im not good at), 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital with chest pains, most likely the result of working 18 hour days 7 days a week for the past few weeks. I spent the night in the hospital, got released, and 3 days later I got a certified letter from the hospital saying they had found a mass in my left lung by accident, they saw it while doing an xray of my heart and chest. The letter said that I should go see my doctor asap. I went in for a CT scan last week, and have been waiting for an answer. Well today I got the results of the CT scan of my chest and luckily it was benign, but it had me worried to death (almost).

I feel like I got a new lease on life, and will continue to spend as much time as before working and helping people here. If you have a repair at my shop, try not to get mad at me if you get an email at 11pm with your repair status. I have a little catching up to do.

:)

Last edited:
WOW! Lucky. It kind of sobers you up and makes you realize it is important to get those checkups every so often.
Mine is coming up in a couple weeks.....
Great to hear you are going to be OK!

Trying to make a long story short (which Im not good at), 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital with chest pains, most likely the result of working 18 hour days 7 days a week for the past few weeks. I spent the night in the hospital, got released, and 3 days later I got a certified letter from the hospital saying they had found a mass in my left lung by accident, they saw it while doing an xray of my heart and chest. The letter said that I should go see my doctor asap. I went in for a CT scan last week, and have been waiting for an answer. Well today I got the results of the CT scan of my chest and luckily it was benign, but it had me worried to death (almost).

I feel like I got a new lease on life, and will continue to spend as much time as before working and helping people here. If you have a repair at my shop, try not to get mad at me if you get an email at 11pm with your repair status. I have a little catching up to do.

:)[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you're OK.
Take it easy for a while now.
Nothing is more important than your health.
Same thing happened to my wife 3 yrs ago but she ended up in surgery.
If not for her sister urging her to get checked it would have been a different story.

Reactions: Former Member

WOW..Praise the lord..That is good news . Don't work yourself to death, Take your time everyone will understand ..And if they don't tough

[/QUOTE]Glad to hear you're OK.
Take it easy for a while now.
Nothing is more important than your health.
Same thing happened to my wife 3 yrs ago but she ended up in surgery.
If not for her sister urging her to get checked it would have been a different story.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that and yes sometimes we need to listen to others.

Reactions: Dave Maine

I work in the medical field & something doesn't sound right. They would need to do a biopsy in order to tell whether the mass was benign so I might ask a few more questions. Maybe there really wasn't a mass in the first place & it was just a shadow in the x-ray. I'd want to know whether I really had a mass or not, how did they determine a mass was benign by CT?

As far as your chest pain. I'd make an appointment with my general practitioner at the least to discuss your recent chest pain. You might need a stress test.

Glad you're doing fine,

Try not to work 18 hours a day... That's too much. I work 8 hours a day and it's enough for me. I always come home tired as heck.

Pff Rob, take care mate! Good to hear you're ok. Hope you realize that no job is worth your health... go out, enjoy the summer and fly your drones for a bit! That should help you relax a little ;-)

Maybe there really wasn't a mass in the first place & it was just a shadow in the x-ray. I'd want to know whether I really had a mass or not, how did they determine a mass was benign by CT?

You hit the nail on the head. It's a much longer story than this, but it was cause enough for me to be freaking out about it for 2 weeks since I got the certified letter. The doctor using the word "mass" just made things worse. The good news is that they accidentally found a kidney stone Not sure how they picked that one up! The story keeps getting better.

Reactions: james_mav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy