DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I dodged a bullet (medically).

Hello everyone, hope you are all ok.

Trying to make a long story short (which Im not good at), 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital with chest pains, most likely the result of working 18 hour days 7 days a week for the past few weeks. I spent the night in the hospital, got released, and 3 days later I got a certified letter from the hospital saying they had found a mass in my left lung by accident, they saw it while doing an xray of my heart and chest. The letter said that I should go see my doctor asap. I went in for a CT scan last week, and have been waiting for an answer. Well today I got the results of the CT scan of my chest and luckily it was benign, but it had me worried to death (almost).

I feel like I got a new lease on life, and will continue to spend as much time as before working and helping people here. If you have a repair at my shop, try not to get mad at me if you get an email at 11pm with your repair status. I have a little catching up to do.

:)

Can be a strenuous time. I has a similar experience when checking why I got a bladder infection. After CT scans, MRIs etc plus a Biopsy it tuned out as I expected Lung Cancer due to, you guessed it. Smoking.

Still after having half my Left Lung removed in the most invasive, painful operation possible i'm clear of it still after 3 years. They tell me if it don't come back in 5 it never will.

So its not the end of the world. It made me retire and now, I just play with my toys. I can fly 7 days a week. If its raining I can still fly my Micro helis and drones in my house.

Can be a strenuous time. I has a similar experience when checking why I got a bladder infection. After CT scans, MRIs etc plus a Biopsy it tuned out as I expected Lung Cancer due to, you guessed it. Smoking.

Still after having half my Left Lung removed in the most invasive, painful operation possible i'm clear of it still after 3 years. They tell me if it don't come back in 5 it never will.

So its not the end of the world. It made me retire and now, I just play with my toys. I can fly 7 days a week. If its raining I can still fly my Micro helis and drones in my house.

Long may you run.

Reactions: BJR981S
Gosh, Rob, I hate to cause you to sit there and read another comment, but, heck, I think you can see you are appreciated. I, too, wish you a thorough exam and good protocol to good health. Course, maybe we are all a little selfish, too, because we know you are there to help us with our mishap events and problems. Great to hear you are on the mend. The closing "We'll be in touch." is definitely apropos as it's usually "only a matter of time" till we'll need you.

Reactions: Former Member
Yes it is. I have a colonoscopy for next week. Oh joy! haha
Glad to learn it was only a scare. At the time it's happening, it's a real scare.
You need to hire some help, or farm some of it out. Maybe you could start an online drone repair course. For many, it may beat taking the Part 107.

I had a colonoscopy in early July. The hardest part is the day before, and the morning of. I've never gone without food, for that length of time. Made me realize how fortunate I am.
Waking up from the anesthesia, I had no pain, and could slowly begin to eat again.
Make sure you get your prep kit from the hospital performing the procedure. Mine was free. Otherwise, Walgreens $170, Walmart $90. I just realized both store names begin with Wal... Whalt's up with that?

Don't worry (1st time?) I'ts just the laxatives on the day before. My last 2, the anesthesia was just amazing. Like turning off a light and then back on. No hang over or grogginess, I could have driven home. But don't!

I always make the same joke when I get colonoscopy and endoscopy (Done at the same time) every year.

Point to the machine then to my mouth and say "do this end first". :D

ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Trying to make a long story short (which Im not good at), 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital with chest pains, most likely the result of working 18 hour days 7 days a week for the past few weeks. I spent the night in the hospital, got released, and 3 days later I got a certified letter from the hospital saying they had found a mass in my left lung by accident, they saw it while doing an xray of my heart and chest. The letter said that I should go see my doctor asap. I went in for a CT scan last week, and have been waiting for an answer. Well today I got the results of the CT scan of my chest and luckily it was benign, but it had me worried to death (almost).

I feel like I got a new lease on life, and will continue to spend as much time as before working and helping people here. If you have a repair at my shop, try not to get mad at me if you get an email at 11pm with your repair status. I have a little catching up to do.

i hope you get well very soon mr rob.!!! my prayer with you

Glad you're ok too. Reminds me of the fight club quote, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

I had a similar scare at 35. Losing weight, fevers for weeks, and abdominal pain. Primary doctor ordered CT which showed lesions in abdomen and referred me to an Oncologist. Not a very good feeling at that point. The whole "can't focus on anything else" syndrome hit hard and I was a mess.

Oncologist ordered a PET scan to check for increased metabolic rates in the lesions. 0 to 1.8 is normal. 1.9 to 2.1 is possible malignancy, and 2.2 hand higher is fairly conclusive. My test results, true to form, came back at 2.1. Worry ratcheted up even more, as oncologist referred me to surgeon for biopsy evaluation. Words spoken at the time were lymphoma.

Went to surgeon who looked at my CT scans. It was at a teaching hospital, and as a very-well qualified and respected attending surgeon, he pulled me over to the monitor, pushed back from his desk, and said, "This is not cancer. My brother died of lymphoma. You do not have it."

He said it was classic "mesenteric adenitis" - something kids normally get. Painful at times, can cause all my symptoms, and can last months. He was so adamant about this diagnosis, that he told me to enjoy life and not to think of it again. I took his advice. 10 years later, life is completely normal. Talk about being grateful. I fully understand your 'new lease on life' perspective.

God shined on you our media friend. See you on the front row Sunday and don't forget to tip the preacher.
slkfis

Glad you're ok too. Reminds me of the fight club quote, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

I had a similar scare at 35. Losing weight, fevers for weeks, and abdominal pain. Primary doctor ordered CT which showed lesions in abdomen and referred me to an Oncologist. Not a very good feeling at that point. The whole "can't focus on anything else" syndrome hit hard and I was a mess.

Oncologist ordered a PET scan to check for increased metabolic rates in the lesions. 0 to 1.8 is normal. 1.9 to 2.1 is possible malignancy, and 2.2 hand higher is fairly conclusive. My test results, true to form, came back at 2.1. Worry ratcheted up even more, as oncologist referred me to surgeon for biopsy evaluation. Words spoken at the time were lymphoma.

Went to surgeon who looked at my CT scans. It was at a teaching hospital, and as a very-well qualified and respected attending surgeon, he pulled me over to the monitor, pushed back from his desk, and said, "This is not cancer. My brother died of lymphoma. You do not have it."

He said it was classic "mesenteric adenitis" - something kids normally get. Painful at times, can cause all my symptoms, and can last months. He was so adamant about this diagnosis, that he told me to enjoy life and not to think of it again. I took his advice. 10 years later, life is completely normal. Talk about being grateful. I fully understand your 'new lease on life' perspective.
That's a great story. I'm glad that you dodged your own bullet and that the doctors were wrong. Sometimes it just takes one doctor who knows what hes talking about to make the correct diagnosis.

Reactions: erkme73
Just saw this thread and that explains your absence. Having had congestive heart failure myself, I'm super glad you're doing well. Work less, play more and by all means keep your good health. If you're like me, you probably have little ones looking forward to seeing you again.

Happy to hear your going to be Ok. I went in for a lung x ray and found out I had a Gallstone. Doctors are always finding something wrong with us...

Good to hear you're on the mend man. From the UK but we appreciate all your advice on here. I can safely say that i speak for all forum members from this side when i say all the best and take it EASY!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus