DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I dodged a bullet (medically).

Glad you're ok my friend. And yes, come to a Greek island, it will help to "charge your batteries".

For you to be motivated, this is where I am, right now.
IMG_20180802_153055.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Glad you're ok Rob!

I had a fall accident in Sept I'm still recovering from. So talking health matters its no joke and you really need to push for yourself. Don't let these Dr's tell you! You tell them!

Glad you're ok Rob!

I had a fall accident in Sept I'm still recovering from. So talking health matters its no joke and you really need to push for yourself. Don't let these Dr's tell you! You tell them!

I wish you a speedy recovery. Maybe we can both go to Greece and fly with @lmel2005 on the beach... hey its nice to dream!

Reactions: mad monkey
someone in your blood family gave you the resilience to it, thank your genetic line, good stuff [emoji1360]

Hello everyone, hope you are all ok.

Trying to make a long story short (which Im not good at), 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital with chest pains, most likely the result of working 18 hour days 7 days a week for the past few weeks. I spent the night in the hospital, got released, and 3 days later I got a certified letter from the hospital saying they had found a mass in my left lung by accident, they saw it while doing an xray of my heart and chest. The letter said that I should go see my doctor asap. I went in for a CT scan last week, and have been waiting for an answer. Well today I got the results of the CT scan of my chest and luckily it was benign, but it had me worried to death (almost).

I feel like I got a new lease on life, and will continue to spend as much time as before working and helping people here. If you have a repair at my shop, try not to get mad at me if you get an email at 11pm with your repair status. I have a little catching up to do.

:)
Thunder, so glad to hear you are ok. We never know what tomorrow will bring, so my only suggestion is instead of working 18/7, take some time for yourself (more than) once in a while and have some fun. Jim

Trying to make a long story short (which Im not good at), 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital with chest pains, most likely the result of working 18 hour days 7 days a week for the past few weeks. I spent the night in the hospital, got released, and 3 days later I got a certified letter from the hospital saying they had found a mass in my left lung by accident, they saw it while doing an xray of my heart and chest. The letter said that I should go see my doctor asap. I went in for a CT scan last week, and have been waiting for an answer. Well today I got the results of the CT scan of my chest and luckily it was benign, but it had me worried to death (almost).

I feel like I got a new lease on life, and will continue to spend as much time as before working and helping people here. If you have a repair at my shop, try not to get mad at me if you get an email at 11pm with your repair status. I have a little catching up to do.

Thunder, Glad it worked out for you! I totally understand how scary that can be. I had the same situation, exactly. Only difference was my mass turn out to be stage 1a Hodgkins Lymphoma. Good news is that a year and a half later (after chemo and radiation) I am still cancer free.

It's always good to get checked out once and a while. Had I not went to the ER for chest pains, who knows how far it would have spread before they caught it!

Wow Rob... glad your okay. I would of never known as I received my drone back without any delay. I know it was a quick fix but did not know you had any medical issues. Glad you’re ok. The MP is flying perfect and the warnings disappeared. Thanks again and lay off the 18 hr days 7 days a week ( I know I’m calling the kettle black) Take care

Happy to hear your health scare turned out to not as horrible as it could have been.
Take more time off to relax and enjoy life a bit more. Working yourself to death won't benefit anyone. especially yourself and family.
Maybe a few "apprentices" around the shop to reduce YOUR workload
Take care.
We need people like you!

Wow, ,so glad your are going to be okay.

I am a cancer survivor from 2014, been cancer free ever since and I take nothing for granted anymore. I fly drones (Legally most of the time) I hike to tops of some of the tallest peaks in NY. I roller skate outside, 30 to 50 miles a week, I kayak, ski, play guitar and take my 14" telescope to some of the most remote places on the planet to observe the night sky. So do more than what you were doing before this happened and if I can get you to fix my drone...oh well!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa