DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I don't know what's happened....

Mr Wings

Reactions
Tried to fly my drone today and one minute its fine, now all of a sudden its not. I take off and its literally got a mind of it owns and landing it was a nightmare.

"satellite positioning off" keeps coming up and I have zero GPS...

Can anyone advise please before I contact DJI. I'm in the UK too, so I don't know if its our weather?

Thanks

IMG_9314.PNG

"satellite positioning off" keeps coming up and I have zero GPS...
Try moving your Mavic outside where the internal GPS receiver can see the sky.

Yup, indoor flying can be interesting. You can see you only have 6 satellites received and they are probably weak. Closer to the window it might be better but count on loosing GPS as you fly. In ATTI mode it tries to maintain position using its downward sensors and cameras. If your floor does not have a changing pattern to recognize and fix on it tends to drift.

Reactions: Piggy
Yeah sorry guys, I forgot to add that its doing the same outside too. In fact, it even worse with stabilisation out there

Are you waiting long enough for the sats to be locked on?
Sometimes it can take a couple of minutes before you see the yellow light turn to green on the back of the aircraft. Make sure it says "Home Point has been updated, please check it on the Map".
Now indoor flying? all bets are off.

Are you waiting long enough for the sats to be locked on?
Sometimes it can take a couple of minutes before you see the yellow light turn to green on the back of the aircraft. Make sure it says "Home Point has been updated, please check it on the Map".
Now indoor flying? all bets are off.

It doesn't say about "home point" any more because of the GPS. It used to say it instantly but now it can get a reading

EDIT: Its in constant Atti mode

Last edited:
I would try imu and compass calibrations before messing with dji, but it kinda sounds like a firmware bug or something?

No unusual extras added which might shield the GPS?
Must say I never heard of the GPS unit failing on these but it wasn't unusual on older Phantoms.
It sounds like you need to be returning it most likely, you can't even open it to look for a bad connector without invalidating warranty.

I would try imu and compass calibrations before messing with dji, but it kinda sounds like a firmware bug or something?
What he said.↑↑↑ Did you get any updates lately? I have not heard of this particular problem but given DJI's habit of releasing buggy updates it would not surprise me if that was the cause.

The last update I had was about a week ago, had a few flights since then and its been ok. I had a problem at first with the drone not flying in a straight line, but that was sorted after a calibration with the controller. I've done numerous compass calibrations and also 2 IMU. No added weight, not even a filter attached. Just restarted it again and its coming up with same thing.

Is there a reset button any where? I'll lose all my preferences but might work

UPDATE: So I took it out this morning, about 5 miles from my location. Picked up the satellites but wasn't flying in a straight line. When a aircraft doesn't go in straight in a line, is that due to calibration?

UPDATE: Drone is broken (for now). Wont hover on the spot, wont get satellites at my house. Flying pissed and a new one today is that I cant fly no more than 99ft. Currently in talks with DJI now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent