DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I figured I'd upgrade at some point...

sdheath

Reactions
New pilot here, located in CT, USA.

I bought a Phantom Pro 3 in March, and had a ball with it for two weeks and then it threw an ESC error and I had to send it into DJI for warranty service. Of course, I hit them just as they moved which apparently caused all sorts of chaos over there. I've been without my phantom for a month now and really missed flying.

I spent the last month reading this forum as well as Phantom Pilots, and got lots of great tips to further my education. I couldn't wait to get flying again. So this weekend I did what any irrational glutton for punishment would do... I bought a Mavic Pro Fly-More kit. It showed up today and I went for a quick flight but it's too windy for me to go too far. So far I'm as impressed as I expected to be! Hopefully I won't ever need to send this one in to suffer DJI's terrible 'service'.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to the IGPFSG (irrational glutton for punishment forum support group). We all commiserate, complain, cry on eachothers shoulders, and work through our issues with a strong support system of tech wizards, gadget gurus, and grey haired old timers willing to lend a hand to a new sufferer. Welcome to our world.

Welcome to the IGPFSG (irrational glutton for punishment forum support group). We all commiserate, complain, cry on eachothers shoulders, and work through our issues with a strong support system of tech wizards, gadget gurus, and grey haired old timers willing to lend a hand to a new sufferer. Welcome to our world.

My name is BorisTheSpider, and I've been using DJI for 2 months. I used to have a family, people liked me, etc...

When I've been dealing with DJI support and my mother asks why I've been busy, I tell her I play the piano in a brothel to spare her sense of pride.

New pilot here, located in CT, USA.

I bought a Phantom Pro 3 in March, and had a ball with it for two weeks and then it threw an ESC error and I had to send it into DJI for warranty service. Of course, I hit them just as they moved which apparently caused all sorts of chaos over there. I've been without my phantom for a month now and really missed flying.

I spent the last month reading this forum as well as Phantom Pilots, and got lots of great tips to further my education. I couldn't wait to get flyimng again. So this weekend I did what any irrational glutton for punishment would do... I bought a Mavic Pro Fly-More kit. It showed up today and I went for a quick flight but it's too windy for me to go too far. So far I'm as impressed as I expected to be! Hopefully I won't ever need to send this one in to suffer DJI's terrible 'service'.

BTW, I fix Mavics and Phantoms, and I have sent many in to DJI for repair for one reason or another. I can say that DJI's repair quality is very good, but their communication skills leave alot to be desired. If you do need to send it in for service, which most dont, just be prepared to wait 4-6 weeks to get it back. But what you get back after a repair is usually ok, I have plenty of experience with that. As long as you go into it with your eyes open and are prepared to wait.

That being said, I think you made a good buying decision, and wish you happiness with your new Mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdheath
I have sent many in to DJI for repair for one reason or another. I can say that DJI's repair quality is very good, but their communication skills leave alot to be desired.
Good to know that I can expect a quality repair, thanks. Of course, now that I have a new toy they can take all the time they need!

Congrats... and welcome to the MP side! :cool:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52