DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i have 2 problems - weak gps

maviclipot

Reactions
when I'm on the fcc mode, and (maybe especially on the sports mode and fcc) I lose the GPS signal...

I also have a problem with the camera/gimbal specifically. half the time it shakes, probably some fault with the motors.

EDIT 27.09.2022 -a while ago I was flying in CE mode, and the drone lost GPS signal again. can i give you logs and check it ?
EDIT- a while ago I was flying in CE mode, and the drone lost GPS signal again(i have 13 gps sats... and 1/2signal bars ). can i give you logs and check it ?

Log - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com - CE mode

Older - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com - ce/or fcc i dong know. You can see after 2m of flight i get "weak gps" with 10/13 satelites... and 2 lines signal bars.
-master airscrew propellers

Last edited:
when I'm on the fcc mode, and (maybe especially on the sports mode and fcc) I lose the GPS signal...

I also have a problem with the camera/gimbal specifically. half the time it shakes, probably some fault with the motors.
Neither FCC or Sport mode should have any influence on the GPS ... if so, then you have some kind of electronical malfunction, check especially the cablings & the solder joints to the GPS chip.

Your second problem sounds like excessive vibrations, hover the drone & lightly feel around each leg & try to see if you can pinpoint from where the vibrations comes ... if it's from one leg/motor, check that motor so that the bearing, motor bell, motor shaft or prop aren't damaged. The vibrations can also be the cause for your GPS to go out if a solder joint or cable is lose.

Reactions: maviclipot
Neither FCC or Sport mode should have any influence on the GPS ... if so, then you have some kind of electronical malfunction, check especially the cablings & the solder joints to the GPS chip.

Your second problem sounds like excessive vibrations, hover the drone & lightly feel around each leg & try to see if you can pinpoint from where the vibrations comes ... if it's from one leg/motor, check that motor so that the bearing, motor bell, motor shaft or prop aren't damaged. The vibrations can also be the cause for your GPS to go out if a solder joint or cable is lose.
the vibrations come from the gimbal.

thank you very much! one more thing, who can check the drone for problem? (I mean give him files and information from the drone) online .

thank you very much! one more thing, who can check the drone for problem? (I mean give him files and information from the drone) online .

There's a log viewer available that may shed some light on a particular flight.

Follow the instructions from this site to extract the flight log from the device.

There are members here that may be able to break down the flight with the information if you share the link.

I never had to use this software (yet), but this may help provide a diagnostic review of what's going on.

The software is installed on a PC and the drone hooks up to the PC.

His problem is a result of using a hack to get FCC Mode.
His drone works normally without the hack.

His problem is a result of using a hack to get FCC Mode.
His drone works normally without the hack.
The OP is using the fake GPS app "hack" to get FCC (according to the OP:s response in his other thread here --> fcc boost mod ). Have FCC on my own MA1 initiated in exactly the same way, through the fake GPS position app "hack" & have had it in FCC for over 3 years... never lost the GPS. And the hack isn't really a "hack"... it's only a way to get up that country change dialog message where the drone think's it's in another transmission area & asks you if you want to change. This is similar to visiting a FCC country having the dialog message come up & confirm change & when you arrive home to CE deny change in the same dialog message.

That thread you linked to is from 2017 (besides the OP:s own reply) & describes issues with the MP model... if this with the "hack" had been the true reason we would have seen dozens of similar cases as most MA1:s certainly have been on this "hack" during some period. And the use of Litchi is just temporary & just to get that dialog message to pop up, this as GO4 usually refuses to show it nowadays with the later versions (you need to go back to the GO4 versions from 2020/21 in order to reliably get it up in that app).

Seriously doubt FCC (through fake GPS position) & Sport mode have anything to do with the GPS problems ...

Last edited:
The OP is using the fake GPS app "hack" to get FCC (according to the OP:s response in his other thread here --> fcc boost mod ). Have FCC on my own MA1 initiated in exactly the same way, through the fake GPS position app "hack" & have had it in FCC for over 3 years... never lost the GPS. And the hack isn't really a "hack"... it's only a way to get up that country change dialog message where the drone think's it's in another transmission area & asks you if you want to change. This is similar to visiting a FCC country having the dialog message come up & confirm change & when you arrive home to CE deny change in the same dialog message.

That thread you linked to is from 2017 (besides the OP:s own reply) & describes issues with the MP model... if this with the "hack" had been the true reason we would have seen dozens of similar cases as most MA1:s certainly have been on this "hack" during some period. And the use of Litchi is just temporary & just to get that dialog message to pop up, this as GO4 usually refuses to show it nowadays with the later versions (you need to go back to the GO4 versions from 2020/21 in order to reliably get it up in that app).

Seriously doubt FCC (through fake GPS position) & Sport mode have anything to do with the GPS problems ...
yes, you described things very accurately!
I also have a friend who has the same device, uses the same methods for fcc mode, but there is no problem with him. I reverted my controller to an older version, and that doesn't help, for the drone, I don't know how to change it to an older version.

Last edited:
...You can see after 2m of flight i get "weak gps" with 10/13 satelites... and 2 lines signal bars.
The location of the drone up there above 400ft relative the HP, in the end of the second log should give excellent positional data to the Flight Controller, nothing shields out parts of the sky.

The drone still have sufficient # of satellites locked in (10-13) but the Flight Controller anyway consider the positional data to be very unreliable (only 2 bars of best 5, for example, a HP isn't recorded until 4 bars).

Unfortunately neither the mobile stored .TXT or .DAT log will tell the cause of this ... the logs will just confirm # of satellites locked & how reliable the positional data is considered to be by the FC.

This is very likely hardware related ... maybe the mobile stored .DAT log for this flight (ends with FLY080.DAT) can give some more besides only "weak GPS signal" ... but not likely.

I don't have access to a computer now ... but if you retrieve the correct .DAT log & attach it in a new post here maybe someone else can take a look. The mobile device stored .DAT logs is stored in the same place as the .TXT logs in the mobile device you flew with, but in a subfolder called MCDatFlightRecords

The location of the drone up there above 400ft relative the HP, in the end of the second log should give excellent positional data to the Flight Controller, nothing shields out parts of the sky.

The drone still have sufficient # of satellites locked in (10-13) but the Flight Controller anyway consider the positional data to be very unreliable (only 2 bars of best 5, for example, a HP isn't recorded until 4 bars).

Unfortunately neither the mobile stored .TXT or .DAT log will tell the cause of this ... the logs will just confirm # of satellites locked & how reliable the positional data is considered to be by the FC.

This is very likely hardware related ... maybe the mobile stored .DAT log for this flight (ends with FLY080.DAT) can give some more besides only "weak GPS signal" ... but not likely.

I don't have access to a computer now ... but if you retrieve the correct .DAT log & attach it in a new post here maybe someone else can take a look. The mobile device stored .DAT logs is stored in the same place as the .TXT logs in the mobile device you flew with, but in a subfolder called MCDatFlightRecords
here is a file I extracted a few days ago with the dji assistant 2 program.

here is a file I extracted a few days ago with the dji assistant 2 program.
Nothing you extract through Assistant 2 for a MA1 can be used by other than DJI staff (it's encrypted) ... the .DAT log in question (ending with FLY080.DAT) is stored in the mobile device you flew with.

Nothing you extract through Assistant 2 for a MA1 can be used by other than DJI staff (it's encrypted) ... the .DAT log in question (ending with FLY080.DAT) is stored in the mobile device you flew with.
thank you again. here i found 2 files.

Attachments

• 22-09-18-06-27-43_FLY080.DAT
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 22-09-26-05-16-30_FLY080.DAT
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
I looked some at 22-09-26-05-16-30_FLY080.DAT log file. The GPS record type has a sAcc field which appears to be a composite of the pDOP and hDOP fields. Plotting these values for this flight we have
1664340718650.png
It can be seen that, in general, higher DOP values (red and green curves) correspond to higher sAcc values (blue curve).

I checked a few other MA .DATs and the sAcc values are generally < 10.0. In this flight when sAcc rises above 25 the FC lowers the navHealth (aka Controller:ctl_level) to 2.
1664341254184.png
This is probably when the loss of GPS message was issued. I'll speculate sAcc == 25 is a threshold that, when crossed, the FC decides it can't rely on GPS position values.

High DOP values are usually caused by low satellite counts but that didn't happen here. As stated in a previous post I would guess that the cause is most probably HW related.

Reactions: slup
I looked some at 22-09-26-05-16-30_FLY080.DAT log file. The GPS record type has a sAcc field which appears to be a composite of the pDOP and hDOP fields. Plotting these values for this flight we have
View attachment 155236
It can be seen that, in general, higher DOP values (red and green curves) correspond to higher sAcc values (blue curve).

I checked a few other MA .DATs and the sAcc values are generally < 10.0. In this flight when sAcc rises above 25 the FC lowers the navHealth (aka Controller:ctl_level) to 2.
View attachment 155237
This is probably when the loss of GPS message was issued. I'll speculate sAcc == 25 is a threshold that, when crossed, the FC decides it can't rely on GPS position values.

High DOP values are usually caused by low satellite counts but that didn't happen here. As stated in a previous post I would guess that the cause is most probably HW related.
hello, thank you for your attention.
Do you think the problem is hardware?
I want to point out that when I fly in FCC mode this problem is much more common than if I use CE mode

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut