DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have a unique issue!

Mavicluvr

Reactions
My friend and I both have Mavic Pro's. He crashed and damaged his camera. I replaced the camera and gimbal. It works! So he calls me and tells me that his MP will not go over 4 mph. I tell him to turn off beginner mode. So, he gives me his MP to play with to see if I can figure it out. It will fly at 4 mph forward but 7 mph sideways and backwards. I checked all settings, recalibrated the remote, compass, and IMU just for the heck of it. I saw a video on YT saying to turn on beginner mode for a few seconds then off, no help. See, it will go slow but I can fly any distance up or away and not the 98 feet in beginner. I have zero warnings coming up and it fly's exactly as it should in sport mode! Someone on here suggested logging off of dji go 4 and re logging in which I will have him try but if I use my IPhone on his it does it, switch to my MP and everything is perfect! Dji wants it sent in for repair but I'm hoping someone on here can help!

My friend and I both have Mavic Pro's. He crashed and damaged his camera. I replaced the camera and gimbal. It works! So he calls me and tells me that his MP will not go over 4 mph. I tell him to turn off beginner mode. So, he gives me his MP to play with to see if I can figure it out. It will fly at 4 mph forward but 7 mph sideways and backwards. I checked all settings, recalibrated the remote, compass, and IMU just for the heck of it. I saw a video on YT saying to turn on beginner mode for a few seconds then off, no help. See, it will go slow but I can fly any distance up or away and not the 98 feet in beginner. I have zero warnings coming up and it fly's exactly as it should in sport mode! Someone on here suggested logging off of dji go 4 and re logging in which I will have him try but if I use my IPhone on his it does it, switch to my MP and everything is perfect! Dji wants it sent in for repair but I'm hoping someone on here can help!
The IMU is damaged. This sounds wrong, but try wacking the Mavic with your hand, hard, on the opposite side it crashed on. I have read of a similar issue. If I remember correctly, there is a "floating sensor" in the IMU that can get stuck after a hard impact.

PScreenshot_20180801-153317.jpeg

The old bang on it a few times technique LOL. I suppose it could work but make sure the gimbal is locked down good!

Try turning off obstacle avoidance. If it fly's correctly then the problem is with the front sensors.

Reactions: hawk3907
Reactions: RLW8888
Reminds me of working on my '55 Chevy BelAire.... Wouldn't start in cool weather so you'd have to take the "West Virginia crescent wrench" (adjustable wrench), wack each battery terminal, then the starter solenoid, and hold down the accelerator.... vrooooom ..... started right up. (didn't even drift right or left) !

[Apologies to the OP for topic drift]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000