DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my mavic miscalculated battery

Oconnb910

Reactions
e429134b3274168c650a272dc27b817d.jpg

Lost contact with it over Bohemia New York near Roosevelt and sunrise, just south of vets Highway. Please help me find this. Seems I misjudged the headwinds on the return trip total newbie mistake and I screwed up!
[email protected] reward if found

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: DroneDD
e429134b3274168c650a272dc27b817d.jpg

Lost contact with it over Bohemia New York near Roosevelt and sunrise, just south of vets Highway. Please help me find this. Seems I misjudged the headwinds on the return trip total newbie mistake and I screwed up!
[email protected] reward if found
Did you have a FAA # on your lost Mavic?

Wow absolutely amazing!!! My drone has been missing since August 31st 2017 and this past Sunday I get a phone call that somebody found it! I know we see a lot of stories about how fragile the mavic seems at times but holy crap this thing has been hanging up in a tree 50 feet up since August 31st in New York on Long Island where we have been having the most in insane extremes in weather. After all of it this thing was simply ready to be charged and be able to fly again!!! Even the battery was totally usable and all cells are showing up healthy!!! I cleaned it up I cleaned out the motors chased out the spiders literally four of them that made a home inside and I was able to test why it today with not one single problem or error!!! Best drone ever!

I posted this in a local group on Facebook and also on my page:
Amazingly, my long lost Drone is now home safe and sound!!! A very nice family on Kenwood Drive in Bohemia called me on Sunday and told me they found my drone!!!! Apparently the Drone has been stuck up in a tree about 50 ft since August 31 2017.
Almost 5 months out in all that crazy weather!!! So I figured this would be bad. I arrived at the home of Jim and his family. They were very nice and presented me with the Drone. It looked totally fine except for broken front leg.
I got drone home and opened to inspect for moisture damage. The 4 spiders that now called it home were pissed when I chased them out. After cleanup and battery charge, I hit the power button and all seems to be working just fine!!!!!! DJI Mavic Pro is amazing! This is no dainty little toy by no Means!!!
Special thanks to the family that returned it!
940a316e75ebd363468a7a9b016a04c4.jpg
eaf63b86fefa9486ddbd5f3d1b573573.jpg
ff2687b4bbbcc3fd73c4f7161e052dec.jpg

GOOD NEWS! Congrats!
Thank you I know this is not the usual story so this is why I felt the need to push this one out there! See there is faith! And holy crap what a beast the mavic pro is to be out in those conditions all that time and just freaking charge the battery and be able to fly away holy crap

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Wow! Unbelievable! I'm guessing you got a new one?

Yes I did end up getting a new one at that point and I ended up ensuring it with State Farm and then I had an incident with that one where it seems as though it was possibly a compass failure But at least I got reimbursed on that one! LOL so technically I am on Mavic pro number four

Yes I did end up getting a new one at that point and I ended up ensuring it with State Farm and then I had an incident with that one where it seems as though it was possibly a compass failure But at least I got reimbursed on that one! LOL so technically I am on Mavic pro number four

So at this point I am pretty much back to my even Stevens stage on my investment in the Mavic pro thank God LOL

And you're still married? Yeesh. My ol lady would lose what's left of her mind....

Fortunately I parted ways with she devil before I got into this hobby LOL and yeah right now I am really loving the fact that I got this drone back becauseI think it was one of the best ones I’ve ever had. And I am so happy things turned out the way it did so now I’m the proud owner of two Mavic pros and now I have to figure out how to play with both of them at the same time LOL

Fortunately I parted ways with she devil before I got into this hobby LOL and yeah right now I am really loving the fact that I got this drone back becauseI think it was one of the best ones I’ve ever had. And I am so happy things turned out the way it did so now I’m the proud owner of two Mavic pros and now I have to figure out how to play with both of them at the same time LOL

Sidenote I am did up now with six batteries that all work Yahoo

The hag is freaking out after I got the Mav. I sold some stuff that I would've given away for 500 bux, and used that towards it instead of bills. This thing is epic! You only live once!

Reactions: Oconnb910
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3