DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic Pro Platinum.

I put my drone and battery in rice because it had gone through two thunderstorms while it was lost. I just took the battery out after it had been in rice for a day and plugged it in. The charging hub shows a red light when I plug it in and it won’t charge. Is the battery bad?

I just powered the drone on and it has vision system errors, system errors. The heat sink on the bottom of the drone was pretty warm after a minute of having it turned on. The app says to send it to DJI for repairs. So it’s toast. I’m going to do DJI care refresh.

I just powered the drone on and it has vision system errors, system errors. The heat sink on the bottom of the drone was pretty warm after a minute of having it turned on. The app says to send it to DJI for repairs. So it’s toast. I’m going to do DJI care refresh.
If you already paid for it, use it!

I just followed this thread from start to finish. What a wild ride! I'm still waiting on a clear day to have my first flight. Lord knows that I wil be especially careful after reading this thread. Glad you found it!! Hurray!

UAV Forecast is a great app that will tell you real time flight conditions. Especially good for knowing wind speed and temperatures at different altitudes. It’s a free app.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I use UAV forecaster just to see how the wind and chance of rain will be for the coming days. Even when not flying. Such a great, lightweight app.

Before flying again, read up on what causes magnetic interference on takeoff, safe wind speeds, safe temperatures, where to fly and where not to, what the warnings mean, proper battery handling and safe usage, and how to inspect the drone before flight. (I'm sure there's quite a few other things too)

Drones are becoming the next hot topic. There seems to be a fine line between recreational use and being banned. Any little excuse to limit flight space is going to be jumped on. If you fly with a bad battery, motor, or cracked blades and the drone malfunctions and crashes into something or someone, that's not only extremely bad for you.. but by proxy us. If you're not informed on the basics at the very least, you're a liability to my and other's hobby.

That is a great ending story, respect SAR104 ! well done.

many points to check to our self knowledge

- read TAF - METAR before each flight if possible
- learn basic aerology
- read SIGMET (for high FL which is not our concern, but as indication), AIRMET (for LOW FL, our concern) and TEMSI maps for general weather indications
- know how to read flight data
- know how to extrapole a trajectory
- always be sure of heading
- take time and note it when weird behavior occurs
- understand wave propagation

It may happen again at each of us.
post edited for mistyping and wrong word - sorry, I'm french.

Last edited:
and it is a bit out of topic, but I'm searching for a little buzzer ( lightest possible) powered with a cr2015 I can stick on the drone and make a buzz every 5 mn. It'll be a good help especially when lost on dense forest.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
@sar104 has helped so many people find thier drones now! Really excellent work and such a genuine asset to the community!

To the OP - Dont bite off more than you can chew!
Learn to operate within the safe rules and regulations first!
400 feet above ground level from take off point Period!
Visual Line of Sight . Maintain visual sight of the drone at all times.
If you night fly install 3 Nautical Mile Strobes and use the Radar in conjunction with Visual Line of Sight.
Dont fly over people that are not in protected structures.

Try not to take off from any place that may have metal within it or very close by.

Take off and hover in place for 30 seconds and yaw back and forth to make sure that sticks / controls are working correctly and if using Precision Landing so that an accurate picture of the Home Point can be recorded.

Fly close by and dont push your distances.

Worry about Lichti and other automated apps after you program yourself to fly with basic safety in place.

UAV Forecast is a must as it will let you know wind speed and gusts as well as wind at higher elevations.

Again , big round of applause for SAR104!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77