DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I MESSED UP- HELP!!!!!

toonz

Reactions
So I wanted to practice indoors as I still have a ton to learn.. I went to put on the protective case that the bundle came with. For some reason I had trouble getting it on, I thought it was because I installed a decal on it.. Well I hit my wall lol. And the blades are all jacked up. Now what?
7a84c232e254792dae9fb9ff7616fb30.jpg
fc779f06ea697c15badf1fb922c386a1.jpg

It looks like there are no rips in the blades, so these are still flyable for your low-level training flights. I'd definitely put a new set on as soon as you want to get some altitude though.
Flying indoors is always giving problems because the Mavic has a high reliance on GPS satellite connections to keep it stable. As soon as you separate it from GPS sat's - it's flight model is pretty much 100% manual.

I did. But is there anything specific I need to know about changing the blades?
Spin direction is not the same on each pair of motors - so make sure that you replace the blades with new that have the same pitch/rotation direction.

Reactions: Bernie707
It looks like there are no rips in the blades, so these are still flyable for your low-level training flights. I'd definitely put a new set on as soon as you want to get some altitude though.
Flying indoors is always giving problems because the Mavic has a high reliance on GPS satellite connections to keep it stable. As soon as you separate it from GPS sat's - it's flight model is pretty much 100% manual.
I tried to fly it again... And as soon as it went up, it went in the wrong direction. The blades/motor seem to be spinning correctly. I'm hoping its just the blades. I've read on these forums about loctite. Do I need to use this as well?
As do I need to use the new screws when changing out the blades?

Thanks.

i am answering this thread you started ,because its obvious that you have not downloaded and read the manual if you do that all will be revealed ,but just to get you started if you notice the blades have different markings on the tips you need to match those when you change them just do one motor at a time and you should be fine

IMHO after looking at picture #2 I would not fly with prop blades that have nicks like that.

I tried to fly it again... And as soon as it went up, it went in the wrong direction. The blades/motor seem to be spinning correctly. I'm hoping its just the blades. I've read on these forums about loctite. Do I need to use this as well?
As do I need to use the new screws when changing out the blades?

Thanks.

Use new screws as there should be thread lock on them already.

if you had the flymore combo then it should have enough to change them all they come in packs of 4 two CC and two CW per pack with enough new screws to fit them

Not to worry. I have been flying this blade over a flooded river. Trust DJI programmers! Scotch tape to the rescue.
And re: wind. I had my MM in 20 MPH gusts and it did just fine. Be bold - these hummers are sold.
Banjo-Jim

Attachments

• Propellor_0.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 73
Reactions: fificap
Those blades don't look too bad, I would fly'em. I wouldn't use them on my pro2 if they looked like that, but for a mini what the heck. I wouldn't have a problem running them on my p4 ether.

+1 to the suggestion to download and read the manual if you haven’t done that while you’re waiting for new props if you don’t have four new ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: toonz
So I wanted to practice indoors as I still have a ton to learn.. I went to put on the protective case that the bundle came with. For some reason I had trouble getting it on, I thought it was because I installed a decal on it.. Well I hit my wall lol. And the blades are all jacked up. Now what?
7a84c232e254792dae9fb9ff7616fb30.jpg
fc779f06ea697c15badf1fb922c386a1.jpg

Flying indoors is not an issue with the Mavic Mini so long as you,

1) Fly in good bright artificial light.
2) Do not get any GPS satellite coverage.

The mini behaves quite well indoors I fly it that way lots of the time. I put a few batteries through it after every FW upgrade before I take it into the great outdoors.

The risk you run is if the Mini does get a sat lock. if it acquires enough sats, the fix will not be accurate and it may fly you into a wall.

If you want to check the sat coverage indoors then just power everything up and leave it sit for 15 minutes. If it gets a lock in that time, then don't fly it there.

There is plenty of evidence that damaged props play havoc with the mini. Change these before you fly again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78