DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need a new drone...Bugs gone?

many thanks dude!
about the sd cards: SD Card - does it have to be a pro version (the black one)?
And i dont get it, why should i buy as many SD Cards as I do have batteries :D

About the storage: i do have the LowPro Drone Guard BP250 backpack. Im often Hiking so i dont wanna have a case. Have to figure out, whether my M3 would fit in there
I use SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB ones. The Pro black ones are overkill. So are larger cards like 256GB. You don't want to send your previously recorded drone footage off into the atmosphere, possibly never to be seen again. Cloud storage is something different! 🤣 Swap cards every time you swap batteries. That way you can never lose more than one flight.

Looks like it should fit. M3 and RC Pro are roughly the same size as SC and MP.

I use an Autel EVO bag for a great M3 soft shoulder bag. Three M3 batteries underneath with a microfiber cloth on top of them, M3 sideways on top, in its muzzle, and the RC Pro across the very top, with quick release clips folded down, and the neck strap and card wallet in the front compartment.

Reactions: Epinephrin90
I have finally completely converted over to the new M3 after being a devoted fan of the Mavic 2 Pro. I am keeping the M2P as a backup, but I am quite happy with my M3. With the May Firmware update, I get quick satellite acquisition, beautiful photos and videos, longer time to do hyperlapses which I loooove, and even a telephoto camera (which I am not enamored about). I would not hesitate to go with the Mavic 3 and if money is tight, just go with the drone and an extra battery. I also love the RC Pro instead of hooking up my phone or iPad. I'd go with the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro controller. $2448.00 USD

By the way, you are talking about a very common disease called GASP. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). We all have it.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 149802
View attachment 149806View attachment 149807
Add the $89 charging hub so you can charge all the batteries outside of the drone, and while flying with another battery.

As yesterday (10th of June) is my birthday (currently 3 am in Germany), I will response to all comments when I will wake up. =)
Thanks for having me!

What do you guys think about the variable aperture? Some guys told not to use anything different than f4. 5 or so because everything else is NOT sharp enough.
Does anyone of u have the freewell nds?

Hello from Minnesota USA and welcome to the Forum....Congratulations on whatever you buy the Mavic 3 (superb quality) or the Mavic Air2s (still an outstanding drone to have)....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safe, Fly Smart and keep the drone in sight.

Welcome to the forum!! This is the route I took . . . it was cheaper:

that is really clever tbh :D

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
IMG_20220614_211323_edit_183871031922983.jpg

Here you go!! Everything I need - BUT, there was no cable for the hub itself. But someone told to use the orange one, right below the Smart Controller on my Pic.
Which one of those to left USB C Cables do I use for charging the smart Controller or connecting the drone with the computer?

Well - RC Pro doesnt fit into Lowepro Droneguard BP 250 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
View attachment 150130

Here you go!! Everything I need - BUT, there was no cable for the hub itself. But someone told to use the orange one, right below the Smart Controller on my Pic.
Which one of those to left USB C Cables do I use for charging the smart Controller or connecting the drone with the computer?

Well - RC Pro doesnt fit into Lowepro Droneguard BP 250 :D
The thinner, permanently attached USB C cable cable with the interior orange lining in the tip is used for the hub, while the other thicker USB C cable is for the RC Pro charging and connecting the drone or the RCPro to your computer. Might consider attaching the RC Pro to the outside of your BP 250 in a Sunnylife case on a carabiner, or secured in an external bungeed net.

With this one above, you can leave the sticks permanently attached for quick deployment, and you can't drop and lose them that way, either!

What do you guys think about the variable aperture? Some guys told not to use anything different than f4. 5 or so because everything else is NOT sharp enough.
Does anyone of u have the freewell nds?
As far as I know most cameras tend to have some differences in performance depending on the aperture used. However, adjustable aperture is much needed especially when shooting video.

I was almost ready to buy freewell filters, but there have been reports of the drone showing errors in the fly app with these. I'm not sure if this has been resolved, so I would suggest you research before you buy anything.

The reason people say that (if they understand what they're saying anyway) is because you can mathematically calculate when diffraction starts to affect the image, which degrades image quality. The simplest way to put it is that when diffraction occurs, information intended for a single pixel starts to spill over to other pixels, and the image softens (i.e. image quality gets worse). This occurs on all sensor/lens combinations of all types and is not unique to drones. Now, if you're being told to use a specific aperture because of a common misconception that "all lenses are best at X aperture", that doesn't make any sense.

On a 20MP 4/3 sensor, diffraction occurs somewhere between F5.6 and F8, so you actually have quite a bit of leeway there.

On a 20 MP 1" sensor (M2P) this occurs after F4, so you have fewer options before image quality takes a hit.

Everyone's tolerance/threshold for this is different - some may notice it very early, others may not notice until the aperture gets quite small, like F8-F11. I am personally very sensitive to it and it's very obvious to me, but YMMV. If you simply want to be sure you're always getting the maximum possible image quality out of your drone, then you would shoot below the diffraction limit.

Depth of field is not a concern at all unless you are flying incredibly close to your subjects, at typical distances, from about 3feet to infinity will be in focus, so there is no need to adjust the aperture with DOF in mind like you would on a full frame DSLR for example. The sensors in these drones are small enough and typical distances are large enough that it is virtually a non issue. By far the largest benefit of the adjustable aperture (a variable aperture is something different) is that you don't have to land the drone every time the light changes to swap ND filters - for example if you're flying with a ND8 at F4, if it gets darker you can use F2.8 without having to land and change to a ND4, or if it gets brighter you can use F5.6 without having to land and change to a ND16.

As for autofocus - there is almost no reason to ever use it on a drone. You are far better off setting your manual focus once with the focus peaking feature and then never touching it again, rather than risking the drone focus hunting and ruining the entire shot. The sole exception would be if you were shooting a moving subject very, very close up. Personally I haven't changed the manual focus setting on my drone in ~4 years and everything has been absolutely perfect.

A variable aperture is one that changes with the focal length, or when you zoom in/out. Examples of this would be the M2Z lens or a 100-400 F4.5-5.6 lens in the DSLR world - it's F4.5 at 100mm and by 400mm it is F5.6 (probably much earlier in fact). This is a cheaper way to make lenses and helps keep size down, but you pay for it in maximum aperture.

Last edited:
I was almost ready to buy freewell filters, but there have been reports of the drone showing errors in the fly app with these. I'm not sure if this has been resolved, so I would suggest you research before you buy anything.
Well, thats too late :D

@CanadaDrone Thx for this detailed explanation! :)

Well i purchased this backpack for testing (watch youtube:
). and currently i cant say i like it tbh :D with the foam already pre installed it seems like a lot of place is poorly used.
Do you think, when u watch 2:38 of the video, the antenna will get damaged when u close it? theres a good amount of foam in the cover. I miss my BP250 so hard :D but dont want to have a "hanging piece" outside of it :D

Another question:
i purchased a bunch of sd cards. do i have to put one into my rc pro? what its good for?

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Thank you @Meta4 . So I'm ready to fly right now. Are there any settings I need to adjust in the fly app before taking off because in Facebook I read things like : "best adjustments for mavic 3 for a better flight experience." it was a YouTube video. But there are plenty out there.

i purchased a bunch of sd cards. do i have to put one into my rc pro? what its good for?
The microSD card slot in the RC Pro is good for reviewing your footage on the microSD card in the drone after a flight, by removing it from the drone and inserting it into the RC Pro, and for copying files (screen shots or screen recordings) from the RC Pro to an inserted microSD card to use them elsewhere, after removal of the microSD card. Kind of a manual Sneaker-net transfer.

The idea of having as many cards as batteries is that when you change batteries you also change cards meaning everything you’ve shot up to that point is safely in your possession … in the unlikely event something happens to the drone you’ve not lost all your video and photos
pro tip right there

Reactions: Dave-in-Elland
You called it. "**** the money. Just do it." 🤣
Get the RC Pro, too. You'll thank me later. They were designed for each other.
Better to complain about the RC Pro price once, than to complain every day about the inferior RC-N1. During your travels, the M3 7x telephoto will also come in real handy when you can't get closer.
Why is the RC-N1 inferior? I prefer using my tablet with the drone instead of a small screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne