DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need a new drone...Bugs gone?

Epinephrin90

Reactions
Hello guys,
I didnt know how to name the title of the thread, so I hope it's fine :)
I'm Bastian a 32 year old Mavic Air2 wwner from germany, trying to make some money with my droneshots.
Now, my girl and me are going to do some cool trips in Europe this year (norway and albania) - the drone shouldnt be missing.
As I'm no longer 100% satisfied with my MA2 (works fine, but I need sth better :p ) im searching for a new drone. It's about Air2S or M3.
So I would rather go for the flagship M3 but I read sooooo much negatives about the drone - it's not that cheap that I could say "**** the money, im gonna do it". I have to overthink whether I go for this drone or not...
And now thats why I registered in this forum, to get some answers to my questions :D :

1. Satellite problem: Does it still take up to 15 mins until we have a certain amount of GPS/satellites? Does it work better with RCPro Controller or is it independet from which controller I would be using
  2. Connection problem: I heard problems here and there, that there is a connection problem between controller and the drone
  3. Rumors about a M3S with better battery life and a bigger sensor for zoom objective
  4. retroactive C-marking on the drone (why everyone is talking about - is it necessary?)
  5. not correctly working air sense
  6. sadly there is no non-cine package out there with the RCPro Controller
So these are the questions - should I wait for the M3S (just rumors), should i buy the A2S....
When I was a kid, i couldnt decide whether to take the red or the green gummybear - now u see my problem.
And Im a type of guy who finds it really hard to wait when someonething new comes out :D

Best regards
Bastian

1. Satellite problem: Does it still take up to 15 mins until we have a certain amount of GPS/satellites? Does it work better with RCPro Controller or is it independet from which controller I would be using
GPS acquisition is now fixed .. I got full GPS and home point recorded in less than 30 seconds with a cold start.
  1. Connection problem: I heard problems here and there, that there is a connection problem between controller and the drone
It works just fine for me
  1. Rumors about a M3S with better battery life and a bigger sensor for zoom objective
Unfounded rumours.
There's nothing factual to support them.
You could be waiting a long time for it (if it ever comes out).

You called it. "**** the money. Just do it." 🤣
Get the RC Pro, too. You'll thank me later. They were designed for each other.
Better to complain about the RC Pro price once, than to complain every day about the inferior RC-N1. During your travels, the M3 7x telephoto will also come in real handy when you can't get closer.

Do you guys have any other issues to complain about? @GadgetGuy @Meta4
Can't speak for @Meta4, but after the last FW update to the drone and the RC Pro and the Fly app, I have no further complaints, and I only had minor issues before that. DJI progressively keeps improving on everything! I have had mine since December. Most everyone now agrees it's finally a mature product. Nothing else to wait for. Join the club of M3 enthusiasts!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
The Mavic 3 is now worth owning. Just about everything on the complaint list has been fixed. The main camera is fantastic. The tele camera is now very good and gives an interesting perspective that hasn't been possible on a prosumer drone before. The M3 really is now the best drone that DJI has made to date.

Mavic 3 could still use some things. On my list is a mode with adjustable top speed, cruise control, finer control of the sticks, DLOG and HLG for the tele camera, and automated dolly zoom among others. But now there are no dealbreakers on the list for me....some folks are still waiting for the return of waypoints.

Thanks u all! But I do have to order FlyMore with the Standard-Controller and an extra RCPro?
Is it recommnded to buy from amazon?
Unless you really want the $300 backpack/case (lots of cheaper, better options) in the FlyMore kit, buy a la carte, and create your own FlyMore from the basic M3 package, adding the hub, extra batteries, and extra props, and the RC Pro. Amazon has a generous 30 day return policy, in case you have any issues.

Unless you really want the $300 backpack/case (lots of cheaper, better options) in the FlyMore kit, buy a la carte, and create your own FlyMore from the basic M3 package, adding the hub, extra batteries, and extra props, and the RC Pro. Amazon has a generous 30 day return policy, in case you have any issues.

Can you check whether i got everything I need?
RCPro
Mavic 3 (Single)
3x Battery
Battery Charging station (is here the cable included?)
Props

Do I need anything else? Any cables I do need? What u mean with the hub
Which NDs do u prefer? Freewell oder PolarPro?
How about the flight modes hyperlapse etc. Seems like its not working in 5.1k?

€dit: But wait, if I sum up all of these I'm in total 8 Euro more expensive than Flymore Combo + RC-Pro Controller :D

Last edited:
RCPro
Mavic 3 (Single)
3x Battery
Battery Charging station (is here the cable included?)
Props

Do I need anything else? Any cables I do need? What u mean with the hub
Which NDs do u prefer? Freewell oder PolarPro?

€dit: But wait, if I sum up all of these I'm in total 8 Euro more expensive than Flymore Combo + RC-Pro Controller :D
Hub is the battery charging station. All cables needed are included with the drone itself. Be sure to use the orange colored thin USB C cable to plug into the battery charging station and use the thicker removable cable for charging the RC Pro. You are replacing the the backpack with an extra battery, as I did. M3 comes with a battery inside, making 4 batteries total. If you only want 3 batteries total, then only buy 2 batteries separately. I don't use ND's but Freewell are usually as good and cheaper than Polar Pro. You'll want a quick release neck-strap for the RC Pro. Get this one:

You'll need a few SD cards
Get as many microSD cards as you get batteries, so you can change cards every time you swap batteries. However, you likely already have cards from your MA 2.
You'll want some kind of a case, too. This one is really heavy, but allows you to keep the sticks on the RC Pro and leave the neck strap attached. The 4th battery will fit on to of one of the others in the case, end to end.

Last edited:
Get as many microSD cards as you get batteries, so you can change cards every time you swap batteries. However, you likely already have cards from your MA 2.
You'll want some kind of a case, too. This one is really heavy, but allows you to keep the sticks on the RC Pro and leave the neck strap attached. The 4th battery will fit on to of one of the others in the case, end to end.
many thanks dude!
about the sd cards: SD Card - does it have to be a pro version (the black one)?
And i dont get it, why should i buy as many SD Cards as I do have batteries :D

About the storage: i do have the LowPro Drone Guard BP250 backpack. Im often Hiking so i dont wanna have a case. Have to figure out, whether my M3 would fit in there

many thanks dude!
about the sd cards: SD Card - does it have to be a pro version (the black one)?
And i dont get it, why should i buy as many SD Cards as I do have batteries :D

About the storage: i do have the LowPro Drone Guard BP250 backpack. Im often Hiking so i dont wanna have a case. Have to figure out, whether my M3 would fit in there
The idea of having as many cards as batteries is that when you change batteries you also change cards meaning everything you’ve shot up to that point is safely in your possession … in the unlikely event something happens to the drone you’ve not lost all your video and photos

The idea of having as many cards as batteries is that when you change batteries you also change cards meaning everything you’ve shot up to that point is safely in your possession … in the unlikely event something happens to the drone you’ve not lost all your video and photos
thanks a lot for explanation.
nice homepage/blog u got there :)

Hello guys,
I'm Bastian a 32 year old Mavic Air2 wwner from germany, trying to make some money with my droneshots.
Now, my girl and me are going to do some cool trips in Europe this year (norway and albania) - the drone shouldnt be missing.
As I'm no longer 100% satisfied with my MA2 (works fine, but I need sth better :p ) im searching for a new drone. It's about Air2S or M3.
So I would rather go for the flagship M3 but I read sooooo much negatives about the drone - it's not that cheap that I could say "**** the money, im gonna do it". I have to overthink whether I go for this drone or not...
And now thats why I registered in this forum, to get some answers to my questions :D :

2. Connection problem: I heard problems here and there, that there is a connection problem between controller and the drone
  3. Rumors about a M3S with better battery life and a bigger sensor for zoom objective
  4. retroactive C-marking on the drone (why everyone is talking about - is it necessary?)
So these are the questions - should I wait for the M3S (just rumors), should i buy the A2S....
When I was a kid, i couldnt decide whether to take the red or the green gummybear - now u see my problem.
And Im a type of guy who finds it really hard to wait when someonething new comes out :D

Best regards
Bastian
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!! This is the route I took . . . it was cheaper:

Reactions: Epinephrin90
Hello guys,

Best regards
Bastian
I have finally completely converted over to the new M3 after being a devoted fan of the Mavic 2 Pro. I am keeping the M2P as a backup, but I am quite happy with my M3. With the May Firmware update, I get quick satellite acquisition, beautiful photos and videos, longer time to do hyperlapses which I loooove, and even a telephoto camera (which I am not enamored about). I would not hesitate to go with the Mavic 3 and if money is tight, just go with the drone and an extra battery. I also love the RC Pro instead of hooking up my phone or iPad. I'd go with the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro controller. $2448.00 USD

By the way, you are talking about a very common disease called GASP. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). We all have it.

Dale
Miami
DJI Mavic 3.jpg
DJI RC Pro.jpgCarttotal.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member