DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I purchased 2 MPPs should I have purchased 2 different drones?

Having the same sUAS for backup is good judgement in my mind.

Same batteries, same replacement blades, same battery charger. If you purchased 2 different systems of course you probably would have increased costs and learning curves, different battery flight times,

True because today I had the MPP up in the air till the battery warning went off I’m still uncomfortable flying it any distance yet I think it will have many hours before I will fully trust myself with it! Having another type would only slow down my learning it’s not hard to fly I just have all the bad things that happened videos I watched in the back of my head and can’t get past it just yet! Even having 2 MPPs I just would not be able to get over wrecking a $1000.00 drone!

I play a lot of tennis, and because I hit with fairly heavy topspin, I break strings frequently. When I get a new racquet, I always buy two identical frames and have them strung with the same string at the same tension. That way, if I break a string in the middle of a match, the backup racquet should feel and play just like the one I started with. If something should happen to the second racquet while the other one is at the stringer, then I would have to play with an older one, but that's never happened. If you can afford it, I suppose it's nice to do the same thing with your drone. It's a little too expensive for me.

Sounds like DJI will be releasing another drone by February. Other than that, I would suggest the new Autel EVO.

Sounds like DJI will be releasing another drone by February. Other than that, I would suggest the new Autel EVO.

Isn't the new drone the DJI Tello, probably good for all those North Americans with cabin fever.

Buy Tello

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman