DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I purchased 2 MPPs should I have purchased 2 different drones?

Having the same sUAS for backup is good judgement in my mind.

Same batteries, same replacement blades, same battery charger. If you purchased 2 different systems of course you probably would have increased costs and learning curves, different battery flight times,

True because today I had the MPP up in the air till the battery warning went off I’m still uncomfortable flying it any distance yet I think it will have many hours before I will fully trust myself with it! Having another type would only slow down my learning it’s not hard to fly I just have all the bad things that happened videos I watched in the back of my head and can’t get past it just yet! Even having 2 MPPs I just would not be able to get over wrecking a $1000.00 drone!

I play a lot of tennis, and because I hit with fairly heavy topspin, I break strings frequently. When I get a new racquet, I always buy two identical frames and have them strung with the same string at the same tension. That way, if I break a string in the middle of a match, the backup racquet should feel and play just like the one I started with. If something should happen to the second racquet while the other one is at the stringer, then I would have to play with an older one, but that's never happened. If you can afford it, I suppose it's nice to do the same thing with your drone. It's a little too expensive for me.

Sounds like DJI will be releasing another drone by February. Other than that, I would suggest the new Autel EVO.

Sounds like DJI will be releasing another drone by February. Other than that, I would suggest the new Autel EVO.

Isn't the new drone the DJI Tello, probably good for all those North Americans with cabin fever.

Buy Tello

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman