DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Are you sure you are getting full calibration? I did not do it correctly several times, I then realized you have to sometimes move the sticks back and forth in one area to "clear: that area of the "square" you are trying to make complete.

I posted below and back in the original thread, but I got it to work. [emoji2] I was calibrating incorrectly. The solution was to go SLOW. I was swinging the sticks around like a madman trying to get them to calibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Here's a video showing the tear down of the RC. Maybe you can fix?
That is the worst tear down I've ever seen... but it's also the best. Hilarious. That guy is a total slob, but obviously knows his stuff.

****UPDATE****

I fixed it. :)

I did the controller stick re-calibration about 3 more times and it finally worked. So why did it not work the first time----- I was doing the calibration all wrong. :D Silly, I know, but they key to proper recalibration is to roll your sticks around, like tracing a box, but very very slow. I was spinning them around super fast because I thought it was making the white trace line appear faster. Nope. Once I watched this video:
It finally worked.

Needless to say I am very relieved and back to thinking this little machine is amazing once again. The let down broken tech can give you dives deep into your soul, so I am thankful for the internet and the people trying to help. Y'all are awesome.

Also: The moment I re-calibrated it gave me a magnetic field error. So this made me think everything had gone bananas, but little did I know, I was putting the mavic on an unopened package in my den. In the box: a magnetic knife holder to hang knives and metal in your kitchen.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions.
Great news

Reactions: NOLA-J
I'm with you. As more and more guys get these and (the inexperienced) start hacking away at them, more and more will be here asking for help. I am happy as heck with it just the way it is.

I'm with you. As more and more guys get these and (the inexperienced) start hacking away at them, more and more will be here asking for help. I am happy as heck with it just the way it is.

I wouldn't consider pulling the sticks off "hacking". Especially when there are dozens of forums and videos showing it is possible. It seemed plausible that a compact, folding drone, would have removable sticks. Apparently it is NOT a feature and luckily this lesson was learned without any major setbacks.

I wouldn't consider pulling the sticks off "hacking". Especially when there are dozens of forums and videos showing it is possible. It seemed plausible that a compact, folding drone, would have removable sticks. Apparently it is NOT a feature and luckily this lesson was learned without any major setbacks.

Ok so "hacking" may have been a poor choice of words. Would "yanking" work better? Personally I'd rather be accused of "hacking the sticks" than "yanking the sticks" (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Ok so "hacking" may have been a poor choice of words. Would "yanking" work better? Personally I'd rather be accused of "hacking the sticks" than "yanking the sticks" (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I think we have all been accused of "yanking the sticks" every now and then.... ;)

Reactions: Dmbrody

Well....pulling the sticks is not hacking away but see videos of guys ripping open the controllers to mute the beeper etc. My point is this. If the sticks were designed to come off, they would come off by design. Hey, each to their own however when it does not work out.....

That is the worst tear down I've ever seen... but it's also the best. Hilarious. That guy is a total slob, but obviously knows his stuff.
IMG_0058.GIF

I posted below and back in the original thread, but I got it to work. [emoji2] I was calibrating incorrectly. The solution was to go SLOW. I was swinging the sticks around like a madman trying to get them to calibrate.

Yeah, I was doing the same thing.... I was used to the calibration technique on the older Phantoms and other multirotors I had using the NAZA flight controller.... glad you (and I!) got it sorted out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett