DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Think I've Officially Maxed Out On Accessories!

Yes, this hobby can get a little expensive. Here is the total of my Mavic and accessories. You think I may have gotten a little carried away? :)

Mavic and bag. $1078.00
Care refresh. $99.00
Extra battery. $89.00
Mavic sleeve. $7.00
RC tab. Mount & protector. $19.89
Mavic propellers. $9.00
Taco RC ND lens filters. $72.99
Gimbal protective cover. $12.95
Marco Polo tracker. $219.97
Hoodman IPad hood. $34.99
Landing pad. $18.99
Right angle Lightning connector $11.59
Mavic storage hard case. $50.99
Mavic skin and tablet sleeve. $49.33
Mavic landing gear. $9.99
Mavic prop protectors. $14.95
San desk 63gb SD card. $44.95
Litchi app. $22.99
$1866.57
IPad mini. $299.00
$2165.57
Do you consider it as small and portable as it was designed to be?

For me, it's the Mavic, a spare battery and a spare set of props. There is also the 3 pack of filters. It fits in the small LowePro carry bag, which sits in my backpack. Still small and portable. I can put it in my shooters vest with a decent shooters kit too.

You have too many toys for my liking, but to each his own.

Enjoy

Nice gear. I have no intention of buying anywhere nearly as much as you have, but life is short so eat dessert first. I may look for a few more goodies for my Inspire 2 but I doubt it. I try to get up in the air as soon as possible and fly rather than installing and configuring stuff. Have fun.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Yes, this hobby can get a little expensive. Here is the total of my Mavic and accessories. You think I may have gotten a little carried away? :)

Mavic and bag. $1078.00
Care refresh. $99.00
Extra battery. $89.00
Mavic sleeve. $7.00
RC tab. Mount & protector. $19.89
Mavic propellers. $9.00
Taco RC ND lens filters. $72.99
Gimbal protective cover. $12.95
Marco Polo tracker. $219.97
Hoodman IPad hood. $34.99
Landing pad. $18.99
Right angle Lightning connector $11.59
Mavic storage hard case. $50.99
Mavic skin and tablet sleeve. $49.33
Mavic landing gear. $9.99
Mavic prop protectors. $14.95
San desk 63gb SD card. $44.95
Litchi app. $22.99
$1866.57
IPad mini. $299.00
$2165.57

Oh geez, I forgot about the DJI sleeve, Care Refresh, State Farm insurance, 64g SD card, Samsung Tab S2 8", and different cords I've purchased! I got the tablet exclusively for drone piloting... In fact, I have both the 10" and 8" versions of the S2 that I don't use anymore. I use a Tab Pro 12.2 and a Samsung Dex for casual surfing. Then I have an Ibuypower tower that I bought solely for editing 4k video. My Alienware M17X wasn't cutting it! I didn't like the 10" for my Solo because it was too big (giggity) and I don't like the screen under the controller concept on the Mavic period. Which stopped my use of the S2 8". So I use the phone mount and my S8+ for flying. Works really good too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice gear. I have no intention of buying anywhere nearly as much as you have, but life is short so eat dessert first. I may look for a few more goodies for my Inspire 2 but I doubt it. I try to get up in the air as soon as possible and fly rather than installing and configuring stuff. Have fun.

Oh I rarely use some of that stuff or it stays on the drone (nd filter, legs, etc). I've never used the prop guards, for example, other than to test them out. I've never used the landing pad, either.

For me, it's the Mavic, a spare battery and a spare set of props. There is also the 3 pack of filters. It fits in the small LowePro carry bag, which sits in my backpack. Still small and portable. I can put it in my shooters vest with a decent shooters kit too.

Enjoy

Personally, I like the backpack better. It's easier to get my stuff out of the bag and set up. Plus I carry my Gear 360, Hero 5 and it has side pockets for water or a Bluetooth speaker. Oh and a pocket on the strap for my phone. Crap, and a pocket and set up for a hydration system. Besides, I'd rather cattery a backpack than the purse that came with it! Hahaha!

Why buying a tracker GPS @200 usd ? For less you should have buy the iPad mini with cellular and btw a gps integrated !

Why buying a tracker GPS @200 usd ? For less you should have buy the iPad mini with cellular and btw a gps integrated !

The IPad mini does have cellular. But I bought the iPad after the tracker and thought I would us the tracker for other purposes also.
Most of these items I don't use very often. But everything has its own purpose.

Enjoy

You are right, way to many toys. I mainly just use the hard case, extra battery, iPad mini, landing gear, sd card and filters.

Enjoy

Oh and to answer your question it is plenty portable enough for my needs.

d884d024251fdde4672a54453c2fa101.jpg

Everything I need for every flight is right here.

Girl decal? It is a subrosa bmx filming bag. Used it for my camera set up but with two birds I can fit everything great in here.

Sweet! There's a company called "Decal Girl " that makes skins for everything.

There is one more accessory you should all consider....Its nice to know the wind speed if there is any question about sending the bird up in it. Found on Amazon... HOLDPEAK 866B digital Anenometer Wind Speed Meter for measuring wind speed, temp and wind chill. $23.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 7.25.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 7.25.16 AM.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: MrsTreat
There is one more accessory you should all consider....Its nice to know the wind speed if there is any question about sending the bird up in it. Found on Amazon... HOLDPEAK 866B digital Anenometer Wind Speed Meter for measuring wind speed, temp and wind chill. $23.

That or a cell phone with access to local weather... There are also several apps that will give you all kinds of info on flying conditions. Kittyhawk, Hover, Airmap, etc.

Pygtech Leg Extenders

RcGeEk Landing Pad

Sandmarc ND/PL Filters

Neewer ND Filters

Lowepro Droneguard BP 200 Backpack

Red Carbon Fiber Skin

DJI Sun Shield

Polar Pro Gimbal Lock

Polar Pro Gimbal Shade

DJI Prop Guards

Polar Pro Phone Mount

Dronefans Remote Control Stick and Screen Guard

Pgytech Prop Holders

Dronefans Prop Holders

Dronefans Gimbal Lock and Cover Combo

So...If anyone needs any advice or info on accessories, let me know! Hahaha!
[emoji23] Haha, mustn't forget the hand launch / catch clip on accessorie now available at all good drone accessorie suppliers [emoji23][emoji23]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne