DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I thought i knew everything about drones, they say no theres no dumb question.

silverdragon

Reactions
So what part of the antenna is the meat and potatoes? The actual antenna? I'm trying to fiqure out if the 2 vertical rods are part of it ? I have a feeling that the 2 stainless rods you see j ust house the wires and does not play a role in the actual transmission... I'm trying to figure out how would I make a parabolic dish for this strange styled antennae.....
20200604_145003.jpg

Reactions: DillyDrones
It is housed inside the black plastic at the end. They appear to be patch antennas as opposed to the omnidrectional dipole antennas used on the other Mavic controllers. A parabolic dish isn't going to do much for you with this type of antenna, it is already highly directional by its nature.

It is housed inside the black plastic at the end. They appear to be patch antennas as opposed to the omnidrectional dipole antennas used on the other Mavic controllers. A parabolic dish isn't going to do much for you with this type of antenna, it is already highly directional by its nature.
Just so I understand, by patched, do you mean a rectangular array of transmitters?

Just so I understand, by patched, do you mean a rectangular array of transmitters?
Yes. Though I can't confirm it for sure (I saw somewhere where someone opened one, but I can't find the link any longer). Even so, the shape and size are indicitive of patch antennas as well as how directional it is in practice.

Ok, I need someone to take apart the black plastic housing on their RC. We need to know.
NOW you tell me! Just took a hammer to my controller. Hit it too hard. No identifiable parts left. :(

Reactions: Parrotoid
NOW you tell me! Just took a hammer to my controller. Hit it too hard. No identifiable parts left. :(
Gorilla Glue will fix it for you;)

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
When I first heard the expression “ there is no such thing as a dumb question.”“ Only dumb people asking questions” It was teacher who said this

When I first heard the expression “ there is no such thing as a dumb question.”“ Only dumb people asking questions” It was teacher who said this
Yeah, what he said.

Lol the best thing about the controller is the fact that you cant sit there and fiddle with the antennas to try to get better signal (im looking at you mini controller)....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78