DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was flying 400 ft when this large plane flew by. Am I in trouble?

It is now clear to me that I have alot to explain. Alot... Before it's too late and I get banned for rules I'm not even breaking...

Do I put it in general discussion or off topic
I would suggest Off Topic.
Also discussing moderation is also in our guidelines. Maybe give
that page a good read before you do get banned. Community Rules

When in doubt, land your aircraft and allow yourself time to reassess. RTH is not the answer and in some cases the thing NOT to do.

Funny, I've thought the same thing on occasion with some of the posts of read from this individual. Drama queen, maybe?
I am not a female.

Staying on point, I would say the short answer to the question in your post "Am I in trouble" would be no. That's provided you were truly flying your drone no more than 400 ft., and based also on the altitude of the plane in the picture which, as previously noted appears to be 1,000 ft., maybe more. My Air 2S with ADS-B makes an announcement "Maximum altitude reached" and will not let me fly higher than 400 ft. which helps me stay safe and legal. You noted your drone does not have ADS-B so, keeping it below 400 ft., is something you must remain conscience and cautious about. Practice, practice and fly safe buddy. 👍 :)

My Air 2S with ADS-B makes an announcement "Maximum altitude reached" and will not let me fly higher than 400 ft. which helps me stay safe and legal. You noted your drone does not have ADS-B so, keeping it below 400 ft., is something you must remain conscience and cautious about. Practice, practice and fly safe buddy.

I am sure both my M1P and Spark drones came with 120m (400') limit already in the settings, not sure about other drones, but the M1P you can set that to whatever you like, and in the case of setting max alt at 120m it'll stop at 119m.
Of course it can be opened up to 500m if flying up a mountainside etc to maintain ~ legal limit AGL.

With all due respect, your posts all seem to read like a diary of unsafe flights.
Agreed, and if the OP is 16 and just starting out he needs to do some more studying of the manuals and regulations. Also he needs to stop flying at the maximum AGL with damaged equipment.
I get the gut feeling here that someone is looking for attention with a lot of made up stores.
Can anyone else see thru this. YES.
Seeing a jet fly over at 5 or more thousand feet requires no action.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
A couple of things.
1) According the FAA, UAV pilots must give way to manned aircraft. Meaning: You should descend to a lower altitude so you don't interfere with its flight path.
2) How high was the airplane when it flew over? Meaning: Some common sense needs to be used. If the airplane was 5 or 10 thousand feet, you likely won't have an issue. If however, you are flying, with LAANC authorization, in an airport approach path where the plane would be at a much lower altitude, then definitely drop or land your quad.
If the aircraft was 5-10,000ft why would you say he likely won't have a problem? There is no way in the world that he would have a problem, so "Likely" would not even be in the sentence. If we go by the photo he has included, the only trouble he could be in is with wasting people's time on here, asking about such an instance, because that commercial jet is waaaaay up there.

• Wow
Reactions: Prop Wash
You mean like a fanfiction? I think there's a website dedicated to such you can make your own books and stuff. You have to make your own title and cover and stuff like that.
You might want to read up on that classic, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" might save your butt one day, if you really are just 16 and really doing these things.

Be nice and cut the guy a bit of slack. On his profile page he describes himself as an autistic teenager.
No lessons needed from you, I am calling it as I see/read it. You have the right to believe whatever anyone posts on their profile, doesn't make it true. The grammar, articulation, punctuation of some of the long winded posts does not indicate someone of the age of 16, nor autism.

You have the right to believe whatever anyone posts on their profile, doesn't make it true.
Yes, it's possible he's actually a Nigerian prince who wants you to cash a cheque for him and mail him the cash. 🏴‍☠️ But it's not likely.

The grammar, articulation, punctuation of some of the long winded posts does not indicate someone of the age of 16, nor autism.
Do a little Google research on the symptoms of Asperger Syndrome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61