DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'd Say Howdy from Dallas Texas, but I'm a Transplant from New York

Zaney1

Reactions
I grew up on Long Isalnd in New York where I went to college to play lacrosse before joining the Marine Corps. I've been here in Dallas, Texas for over thirty years and friends and family back in New York have toldl me I developed a drawl. I still root for the Giants (painful as it has been in recent years).

I am a poet and author, play guitar and love photography. I have been flying a Syma X8SW drone for a little over a year to learn to fly, add aerial to my photography repetoire, and and save up for a more serious drone. I just got a DJI Mavic Air 2 and am itching to fly it.

I am a member of a Meetup Drone group here but have yet to attend an event. I figured I would join here to learn and maybe interact with fellow entusiasts.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Where about on the Island are you from - many moons ago I went to school in Farmingdale.
So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome to the forum! I just sent my niece a Mavic Mini out in the Dallas area, so I’ll suggest she join a Meet Up group out there, too. She recently earned some Adobe certs, so she’ll need some content to edit, I’m guessing.

Thank you for your service in the Corps, by the way!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Where about on the Island are you from - many moons ago I went to school in Farmingdale.
So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map
Thanks, MM. Mostly in Uniondale, but all around the island. No suffolk county, though.
I look forward to learning some new things and always appreciate a nice image. I have been using AirMap, but hadn't heard of KittyHawk, and have bookmarked the other link as well. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! I just sent my niece a Mavic Mini out in the Dallas area, so I’ll suggest she join a Meet Up group out there, too. She recently earned some Adobe certs, so she’ll need some content to edit, I’m guessing.

Thank you for your service in the Corps, by the way!
Thanks, Pelagic_one. Serving in the Corps is something I am glad to have experienced, but you're welcome.
Here's a link for your niece: North Texas Drone User Group (NTDUG) (Garland, TX)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome, from Onalaska in East Texas. I'm an newbie myself having bought an Air 2, still learning how to fly and be comfortable flying.
Thanks, Bwill.
I got the Syma to learn & get comfortable. Everything I read told me to do that. Crash a cheapie over and over before investing in a decent one. Not sure if it'll make a difference.

Waiting on a new tablet for my 1st MA2 flight. My phone wouldn't install the Fly Now app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229