DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IDEA: Mavic air landing gears (antenna extenders)

giroyac

Reactions
Haven't tried my mavic distance yet, and I'm confident it's perfectly fine for my needs but was just thinking since wifi antennas are in the legs of the mavic , couldn't someone make landing gears with some sort of signal boosters built in or something ?!

Something like this but with a material that'll boost signal/reception ???

Attachments

• mavic.jpg_640x640.jpg
    mavic.jpg_640x640.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 122
No... just no. If u are going to mod for distance just do the antenna on remote. And those landing gear are ugly as all hel%.... mav air already has landing gear . I see that those back landing gear have to wrap around the back legs. that totally defeats the purpose of portability. Also in the front I wouldn't want that big thick bit of plastic feet. blocking my antennas thats already covered in plastic.

Consider remote and drone as "mouth" and "ears". There are few small improvements that you can do to your "ears" to hear better at longer distances, but the most effective way is just to make the "mouth" (aka the remote) talk louder.

And also remember that any addition to the drone means more weight. Weight is the enemy of a drone. Added weight in the remote is not so critical.

Check out titan drones Facebook page. They have replaced the landing gears with tiny mushroom antennas. The look great. From what I understand they are still testing them

What Titan drones is working on will you endless opportunities on what type of antenna you will be able to use on the drone itself. It will have an rp-sma connection on the drone arm and you can install a lot of different antenna. The combination of controller and drone mod it will add a great improvement to you signal.

Check out titan drones Facebook page. They have replaced the landing gears with tiny mushroom antennas. The look great. From what I understand they are still testing them
Got a link? Can't seem to find it.

Got a link? Can't seem to find it.
Here is a couple pictures of some they are testing. I think he said it might be a few weeks before they are added on the website. They are still finalizing the design. But the look great. Here’s the pics...

Attachments

• 87E69BBB-11E9-4CE6-8FAC-613B45817CC1.jpeg
    87E69BBB-11E9-4CE6-8FAC-613B45817CC1.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 5E19B455-49D0-46FC-BFE3-E97C8558F743.jpeg
    5E19B455-49D0-46FC-BFE3-E97C8558F743.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 101
DFD0D7DB-0E24-4D87-80A1-461FFE86BD2F.jpeg
I was just going to ask on that
Yes I’m almost positive he said they would still fold up. But also they are removable. Check this pic out...they screw on and off. I think the reason he made them screw on and off is because they either work in 2.4 or 5.8. Like if you wanted to switch to the other freg. you would have to swap them out. Atleast that’s the way I understood it.

Hey guys! New on this forum.. I bought a air with second antenna arm gone. What would be a proper easy replacement antenna for its place.. How important it is to have certain lenght of an antenna? I need to open up the device to install a new antenna wire inside the drone because the current one is cut. What type of connector it is in the circuit board, I tried to watch pictures but I could not find proper ones to come to any sort of conclusion.. Thank you in advance!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness