DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you like pushing it to the limit and fly higher, faster and farther than the law permits, just because you can… think again

Come onnnn . . . Guns . . . that's another side business for me. Modifying AR15s to what the customer wants (legally). And, I usually get to keep the old parts.

Some members of the government just love to legislate the living hell out of everything they can. The politicians seem to believe the more they legislate the better they are for the people. VOTE FOR ME! I don't promise you a **** thing and i always deliver! VOTE FOR ME!

for every one gun death (murder or any other way ) there are 10 if not 20 times as many deaths by drunk drivers in the USA.
but as another posted just obey your masters. but the problem is not obeying the masters. but the anties will always keep changing the rules. just look at "other" hobby's people do. every time a anti group even "looses" but gets a comprise. they win. as they will be back next week with another law for us to fight. the pie is only so big. and if they keep taking even a very small slice. each time, after a bit there is not much left over for us.

whats wrong with "reasonable" drone control laws.....

is they are not reasonable and the anties keep changing and adding to them.

No. i am not saying to disobey the law, or your masters. just common sense is best. NOT more rules or laws.
me for my life, and where i live. the airports are just not worth flying around, due to other reasons, and laws that have nothing to do with drones. where others live bet there are great places within a couple miles of a airport. as long as people do not make a problem things can work.
but the sad part is there will always be "that guy" who has to be a problem.
Almost hit it. The problem is PEOPLE. To many of them.

I guess I'm even more glad that I never registered my drone, and now I never will. The only way they will catch me is if I am where they detect me when they get there. I really like the comment someone made comparing this to putting trackers on every car. Drone laws are way too heavy handed. The only reason we can fly drones most of the time is that we either arent caught, or nobody cares, because doing something that is technically against the law is way way too easy. Law makers need to realize that they are just forcing us to become ok with breaking the law to fly our drone.

Another solution to all of this that I would accept is that drone detection be completely tracked, but the use laws be drastically reduced. We all agree with laws like airport radius restrictions, but most of the drone laws are to permit them to enforce for very specific cases within that law. It still forces the rest of us who aren't trying to spy on our neighbors or something to break the law just because we flew over someone while our drone was mapping a terrain.

Less law and more personal responsibility... If I want I can drive my vehicle into a fast food place a hurt a lot of people...I don't do that because I have ZERO interest in harming other humans....If I did do that I would be held responsible for my actions....I have no idea why people want to be ruled by masters but it seems as though Loki was right....less people around the world want freedom... Its really sad.....
@theDRONEranger
I was joking about guns being icky.... I LOVE ICKY GUNS!

for every one gun death (murder or any other way ) there are 10 if not 20 times as many deaths by drunk drivers in the USA.

Not wishing to go too far off piste but looking at the stats I can find there are approximately 10000 dui deaths p/y in the US against 33000 gun related deaths (or 11.52 gun related deaths per 100000). Year of stats 2013.

In the UK where guns are incredibly limited the death rate is 0.23 per 100000. Now I know there is always a danger of linking correlation to causation but I somewhat suspect that the fact that hardly anyone in the UK has a gun is somehow linked to the fact that hardly anyone is killed by one.

Freedom..

Oh we have plenty of freedom. Probably one of the freest countries in the world. We have pretty much complete freedom of speech, our democracy sort of works, we have fantastic access to public / national land and even huge rights of way over swathes of private land.

We can bring our children up as we wish, believe in whatever religion we want (or not believe at all).

We have a really cutting political satire scene - always have, reasonably free press that covers most views and we can drink from the age of 18 in pubs and from any age under parental guidance.

We’re just not allowed guns. 2 mass shootings - one of random people and one at a school was enough to convince people that unfettered gun ownership perhaps wasn’t that a good idea.

Farmers can still own shotguns, as can gamekeepers and things like grouse shooting are still permitted.

I’d be genuinely interested to know what impressions you have of the UK to imagine we don’t have freedom?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I think maybe we have different definitions... that's all..;)
I of course love the UK! If you want to continue the conversation it should be in private as the forum police will be here any minute now!

I think maybe we have different definitions... that's all..;)

As I say I’m genuinely interested to know what your definition of freedom is? Apart from guns (and having spent some considerable time in the States) I would say we have more freedom over here.

Oh we have plenty of freedom. Probably one of the freest countries in the world. We have pretty much complete freedom of speech, our democracy sort of works, we have fantastic access to public / national land and even huge rights of way over swathes of private land.

We can bring our children up as we wish, believe in whatever religion we want (or not believe at all).

We have a really cutting political satire scene - always have, reasonably free press that covers most views and we can drink from the age of 18 in pubs and from any age under parental guidance.

We’re just not allowed guns. 2 mass shootings - one of random people and one at a school was enough to convince people that unfettered gun ownership perhaps wasn’t that a good idea.

Farmers can still own shotguns, as can gamekeepers and things like grouse shooting are still permitted.

I’d be genuinely interested to know what impressions you have of the UK to imagine we don’t have freedom?
Has he ever been there?

Yes I have.. Not to live though... Explain the relevance of your question? Are you questioning laws and facts or just poking to poke?

Not wishing to go too far off piste but looking at the stats I can find there are approximately 10000 dui deaths p/y in the US against 33000 gun related deaths (or 11.52 gun related deaths per 100000). Year of stats 2013.

In the UK where guns are incredibly limited the death rate is 0.23 per 100000. Now I know there is always a danger of linking correlation to causation but I somewhat suspect that the fact that hardly anyone in the UK has a gun is somehow linked to the fact that hardly anyone is killed by one.

I did some digging into the stats a couple of years ago and found that for people like myself, (mature white males), 80% of the deaths by guns are suicides. I wonder how much that affects the statistics. I wonder what the suicide rate is in the UK. And what is their method of choice. If you took out all the suicides, I wonder what our rate would be. I suspect that 11.52 number would be significantly lower, though the final number would still be too high.

Homicide rate..
USA 5.35 Population 335
UK 1.20 Population 66
Do the math...

I don't get why this is so controversial. None of these gun, car or drinking statistics amount to a "hill of beans"... General and commercial aviation are complicated things--ask any other private pilot or go learn to fly yourself. It's challenging enough to navigate in the airspace without having to deal with some idiot trying to prove how cool he/she thinks they are by flying beyond LOS or above eight restrictions or in restricted airspace. Regardless of what you think, that's all there is to it. It's not about the percentage of fatalities or accidents. Flying is safer BECAUSE of regulations, not in spite of them.

Reactions: Classic flyer
And no mass shootings whatsoever since Dunblane. In 1996.

And the vast majority of gun related deaths in the UK are gang related followed by armed response police (note most of our police are unarmed).

Deaths of ‘innocent’ people (for want of a better word) is practically zero.

Not to mention, do any of YOU want to be among the hundreds killed when (it's gonna happen eventually) a UAV goes through the windscreen or gets sucked into an engine, the first time one shares the same airspace as an aircraft in flight? No, didn't think so... now carry on spouting irrelevant statistics about other things that cause fatalities.

...and guns, don't forget guns.
Guns gave never killed anyone. The person holding it is responsible. If I use your argument, motor vehicles need alot mor regulation as more people killed in accidents than guns totalled. This is in the U.S.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc