DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you want to have "fun"...take a look what is coming...

don't have the mavic yet but can I fly under 50m in the 'NFZ'.

In Canada, the restriction is 9km from the airport

Sorry, I don't get it.
I live in China too (already 3 years in different places) and have been flying different drones all over the country.
The website you linked below just lists common sense flight safety precautions like check battery level, keep the drone in sight, obey national regulations etc.

Btw : the link doesn't have a red polygon for me...
Of course I do not doubt about it, talking abouit comon sense flying and so...
But the red polygon that appears in the link is this (only have to wait for some seconds to appear and scroll down)
upload_2017-6-19_7-28-2.png
And it is about the NFZ area around airports...a polygon 40km by 20 km more or less...what is just "a bit" more than the 5-10km radius circle before that....

And thinking about what is going on lately, in some pleace, such a "polygon" gives us no option to fly except if you have a car to really go far from where you live...Just things keep on "growing"..

Thats all.

Well... the DJI site displays indeed bigger area's around airports...
The scale is 1 cm is 20km according to Google

Well, the real area is 40 by 20 KILOMETERS as I tell you and show you at the link!

Here's a comparison between the old NFZ and the new NFZ at Xiamen airport.

Old NFZ:

New NFZ:

That's a significant increase...

That's also the reason I'm still on .400 firmware before DJI increased the NFZ, since I normally go to China a few times a year...

THANKS!!! It looked like people didn´t understand me....

Sorry to hear what is happening to you guys in China. I have been following the events via the Beta forum and I had heard about the greatly enlarged NFZ area. I must admit that I never knew it was that big! I also had read about internet registration being needed in order to fly.

I understand that they were testing a new Beta that requires a constant Data connection so that they can log the flight in real time and report any suspicious activity.

I am wondering if that version is the one we are using now Ver 4.1.1? For now this feature would only be activated in China but I am not sure is it this current version or one that is coming soon. Can you confirm if the online tracking is in Ver 4.1.1 App?

Rob
Thanks Robbyg

Since that started I turned off any data and only fly very close to me in some huge parks or so

As I´m leaving the country, I´m just waiting to get "on" again in a few days...

So...I don´t know what will happen, but this is going exactly the way you say. CRAZY!
And yes, this is only for China by now..but many things you were discussing all this time, happened here before...I just wanted to tell you all, to be aware of. But of course, I don´t think in our different countries things reach that far....I HOPE SO!

I keep using the older version I can. I my case 4.04
But they ask me continuously to update...So I´m so sorry, I cannot confirm anything as I don´t get connected

Thanks for your words!

Thanks Robbyg

Since that started I turned off any data and only fly very close to me in some huge parks or so

As I´m leaving the country, I´m just waiting to get "on" again in a few days...

So...I don´t know what will happen, but this is going exactly the way you say. CRAZY!
And yes, this is only for China by now..but many things you were discussing all this time, happened here before...I just wanted to tell you all, to be aware of. But of course, I don´t think in our different countries things reach that far....I HOPE SO!

I keep using the older version I can. I my case 4.04
But they ask me continuously to update...So I´m so sorry, I cannot confirm anything as I don´t get connected

Thanks for your words!

Your welcome and I hope that you are able to continue flying responsibly with 4.04

Rob

Why do you need satellite view to fly? I mostly fly in places that have no coverage anyway, never really missed it..
When I fly beyond LOS. When around roads, buildings, towers, etc.
(wait. Did I just say I fly beyond LOS?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas