DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iffy build quality.

I owned the Mini 3 Pro and quickly noticed how thin the shell was around the battery compartment area - I could flex it without much pressure at all. Surprised that the body never warped under the Summer Sun 90+ degree temps.

Sorry but this puppy has teething problems. I'm getting "battery overcurrent" warnings even while flying in "normal" mode. Battery life seems to be substantially less than my Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro and the 4 is a real dog against any kind of head wind. She's getting returned. No problems at all with my new Air 3 so that will continue to be my go-to drone.

My guess is the "battery overcurrent" status is coming from the BMS in the Intelligent Battery. After all, it's not a motor overcurrent warning.

The Mini 4 battery is different than the Mini 3, lighter with greater capacity. This suggests a different cell, which may not have as high a max discharge rate. However, I've read you can use a 3 battery in the 4... correct people?

If you still have the drone, and also have one or more Mini 3 batteries if you upgraded, try one of the Mini 3 batts and see if the warning incidence reduces or goes away.

Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4