DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Mort

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I don't want to derail this welcome fest, but I do have a question for "Laborious" in Maine. I have planned a first time in Maine vacation with my wife in May,2021. Essentially I will be driving from Boston to Kennebunkport, staying there and visiting surrounding Ogunquit and Wells 2 days, then onwards to Bar Harbor for 4 days, including 2 or more days in Arcadia Park. I fully understand the restrictions of no drone in the national park. My question, what are your experienced regarding flying along unrestricted shorelines, lighthouses, off shortenings of villages? I do not intend to break any rules such as flying over roads, people, etc. I just want to get an overview of harbors, and ports from the ocean side. I can also contact you on personal conversation.

Dale
Miami

Dale,
I have had no problems flying in those areas at all. I usually have spectators wanting to see what I’m seeing and have never had any complaints. I always fly on week days to avoid crowds but with the virus, even the weekends have been clear. You shouldn’t have any issues.

I'm an aerial photographer in Ontario. I fly a Mavic Air 2, and I talk too much about the Canadian aviation regulations.

I'm happy to share any knowledge I collect along the way.

Here's a shot of some Canada Geese for now -- just kidding, how large of a file can be uploaded? Apparently, 20.08 MB is too many B's...
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!
This site will allow at least 1.0 to 1.5MB files in my experience. When I inadvertently attach larger files like 3 or more MB a notification of "file too large," or some sort of verbiage will pop up. So then I go back and take that large RAW file to Photoshop and save it to a small (like 1-1.5MB or less file). Even files like 800-900 kb look fine on this forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99