DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im not a Techie so i need some help

howardK

Reactions
Hi all. I fly an M1P and love it. At this point I have no reason to update. I have two quick tech questions. The first regards downloading pictures directly from the drone. On the port side there is a small door that I can plug a cable into and the other end into my computer. It used to be an icon would open on the bottom left corner of my computer screen telling me something was plugged in and what do i want to do. That doesnt happen anymore. How do I get this back? The second question, also about downloading. If I take the SD card out and insert it in my computer again nothing pops up asking what I want to do. As I type this I can see the issue is probably with my computer so any advise would be appreciated. My computer is only about a year old if that

What software platform are you using. IOS or Windows. I'm using a MAC and noticed after the last update, that my computer is now asking for permission to allow any external devices that I plug into my computer. I know this may not help, but it sounds more like a security issue with your computer.

On the port side there is a small door that I can plug a cable into and the other end into my computer.
It may be that you need to install the relevant drivers, go into device manager and see if anything has a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
if not then try looking at the USB section as shown in the photo

. If I take the SD card out and insert it in my computer again nothing pops up asking what I want to do.

I have this happen with my pc which has a SD card slot in it, to fix it I have to go into device manager and right click uninstall the Sd card slot and then click action refresh which reinstalls the drivers see picturessd card 1.jpgsd card.jpg

Reactions: hiflyer201
What software platform are you using. IOS or Windows. I'm using a MAC and noticed after the last update, that my computer is now asking for permission to allow any external devices that I plug into my computer. I know this may not help, but it sounds more like a security issue with your computer.
im using windows

It may be that you need to install the relevant drivers, go into device manager and see if anything has a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
if not then try looking at the USB section as shown in the photo

I have this happen with my pc which has a SD card slot in it, to fix it I have to go into device manager and right click uninstall the Sd card slot and then click action refresh which reinstalls the drivers see picturesView attachment 163590View attachment 163591
When I open my device manager here is what i see: No idea where to find the SD driver

device mgr.jpg

Do you currently have your SDCard plugged in? You have something on drive E: - what happens if you open up windows explorer and view the E: drive?
no..nothing plugged in other than my printer and my scanner. Let me try eithier inserting a card or plugging dirfectly from my drone to the puter.

no..nothing plugged in other than my printer and my scanner. Let me try eithier inserting a card or plugging dirfectly from my drone to the puter.
What shows up on the E: drive in windows explorer? Maybe that is related to your printer? (Epson Storage USB device)

im not a techie. should i have shut down the device mgr and restarted it?

You don't typically need to restart it - it will refresh itself.

You didn't answer the question of what was showing on your E: drive.

And for the device manager - you'd need to expand the portable devices node to see what is there - all the nodes are closed right now so you can't see what is there now.

Power off and restart your computer
Normally the simpliest way is just plug the drone into the computer USB port and it should come up and ask what you want to do when connected just select "Open Folder" If it does not remove the microSD card and insert it in the computer . If it still does not work try another computer (or tablet) if the error repeats format the sd as ext fat if it still does not work replace the sd card they do wear out.

Yes good to have as long as the device you are plugging to has well maintained USB
I would hope you are on Windows 10 or 11 they are very clean operating USB.

and here is what i see with the SD card plugged inView attachment 163595
Howard, get out of the Device Manager. That's not where you want to be. Right click on the Start button at the bottom left of your screen and then click on "File Explorer". In File Explorer, navigate to your E: drive (SD card) and you will see your files there in the DCIM folder.

1683125842111.png
Best Regards!

Attachments

• 1683125830087.png
    1683125830087.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members