DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not going to lie, I really like using a 10.1" tablet to fly!

JackL

Reactions
Even with the awkward cable arrangement I had to use to test this, I am really happy this morning! It is a Walmart ONN 10.1" Android 9 tablet I got from Ebay for $30. I put DJI FLY 1.1.6 on it and everything works normally. It would appear most of the settings are actually stored in the aircraft since all I had to do was skip the introduction videos, set imperial and off I went. Every other setting I am using with my other tablet was already there.

20201222_093150.jpg

Does have a bit of glare...but no worse than any other tablet I have ever used.
DJI_0033.jpg

Now I need to find a 14" tablet with HDMI output and my life will be complete!!

I’ve always used pads except with my FC40. But it decided to
commit suicide by drowning. Used a Mini for awhile then moved up to a 9.2 now use a 10.2 apple and next will be the Pro. Love the real estate .old eyes ?‍♂️

Reactions: JackL
I’ve always used pads except with my FC40. But it decided to
commit suicide by drowning. Used a Mini for awhile then moved up to a 9.2 now use a 10.2 apple and next will be the Pro. Love the real estate .old eyes ?‍♂️

I wish I could drag my 65" TV out there with me :) I see so much I missed when watching after the flights from the couch. I do want to try out the bigger ipads. They seem to have the best support. Hopefully some of my friends will turn up with them after the holidays so I can try without buying.

I like flying with my 27 inch, iMac Pro. I use a wheel barrow instead of a lanyard! o_O

Hows the balance? I tried my buddies with on the Mini1, and the tablet is above the controllers, and it was kinda awkward holding it due to the weight of the tablet.

Hows the balance? I tried my buddies with on the Mini1, and the tablet is above the controllers, and it was kinda awkward holding it due to the weight of the tablet.

Not that bad. I had to use the short DJI cable so I'm really limited right now. Hopefully I can get past the Christmas hoards at Walmart and find a USB-c/micro cable today for a real test! It definitely doesn't need a lanyard though.

Coming from flying with iPads on Phantom controllers it’s not awkward 1 bit. You use a mount that holds your pad over your sticks then find the balance post for your lanyard and it’s no issue at all. I’ve got where I fly from my truck more than anything else
and place my pad on a shelf on my steering wheel.works great for
me. How you guys can fly with a phone is beyond me. Have tried
it and is just no way. Cant see my quage s .Old eyes guys.

Even with the awkward cable arrangement I had to use to test this, I am really happy this morning! It is a Walmart ONN 10.1" Android 9 tablet I got from Ebay for $30. I put DJI FLY 1.1.6 on it and everything works normally. It would appear most of the settings are actually stored in the aircraft since all I had to do was skip the introduction videos, set imperial and off I went. Every other setting I am using with my other tablet was already there.

View attachment 119871

Does have a bit of glare...but no worse than any other tablet I have ever used.
View attachment 119873

Now I need to find a 14" tablet with HDMI output and my life will be complete!!
There is nothing better than a big screen to see what you are doing. I've been advocating my Apple 9.5 inch iPad for years for my Mavic Air 1 and now for my Mavic 2 Pro.

I thought a 9.7in tablet for my Mavic 2 was overkill but I'm very pleased with it and find it works well, the DJI Go interface is pretty cluttered so having a larger screen to space it out a bit more and giving a good image of the camera preview is definitely useful.

I wish I could drag my 65" TV out there with me :) I see so much I missed when watching after the flights from the couch. I do want to try out the bigger ipads. They seem to have the best support. Hopefully some of my friends will turn up with them after the holidays so I can try without buying.
You only have a 65" TV?.We should start a Gofundme page for you?

Reactions: NAVMAV and JackL
How is the brightness? I purchased the Crystalsky and use it for every drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22