DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image distorsion

FlyTrek

Reactions
1#
Hi,
I had to replace camera with gimbal in my MavicPro. After replacing the camera (with a brand new original DJI) the image (photos and movies) has some disturbances.
Every few seconds there are some "violet blinks" - mostly in the bottom part of picture/movie.
Please see attached photo.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance
DRDJI_0008AAA.JPG

1#
Hi,
I had to replace camera with gimbal in my MavicPro. After replacing the camera (with a brand new original DJI) the image (photos and movies) has some disturbances.
Every few seconds there are some "violet blinks" - mostly in the bottom part of picture/movie.
Please see attached photo.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance
DRView attachment 102992

There are a few things that can cause this apart from the camera itself, ribbon cables and correctly seated connectors.

First, do you see the same dropout on your controller monitor view while recording? If so the issue is with the AC and not your computer.

Does the issue still happen while not flying? If not then something could be loose.

Simplest check being your memory card. Is it a known good one with the correct speed rating? Is it firmly seated?

Did you fit the gimbal/camera yourself? Check all connectors are firmly seated and there is no damage to the cables. If everything looks good I would return the camera for a replacement.

Was the replacement due to a crash or camera failure? If a crash there could be issues elsewhere on the main board. Check connections are all secure.

First of all thanks for your answer and suggestions.

I tried all your recommendations and :
1. This is not caused by memory card. This situation is with or wthout installed SD card.
2. First, I also thought it was the cables' fault. So I checked all cables twice again.
3. I turned on the drone and watched the image as I gently touched the ribbons. Moving the ribbons did not affect the purple flicker of the image.
4. From time to time, strong interferences info have occurred. I change the place, an info disapear, but purple flickering not.

Any new ideas/suggestions?

So you are saying the purple/magenta flicker still occurs even when not flying?

What was the reason for replacing the original camera? If it was the result of a crash there could be damage or a fault on one of the internal circuit boards. If you have DJI warranty or Care/refresh I would be tempted to return it to be assessed.

Yes, the purple/magenta flicker still occurs even when not flying.
I had to replace the camera after crash. All other components works properly. All tests are OK, the only (but very important inconvenience) is purple/magenta flickering.
The guarantee has already expired.....
Important - I noticed that ONLY at a resolution of 720 120fps (in DJI TO 4) the pictures/movies are OK - i.e. without purple/magenta flicker!!
So maybe the main board is not damaged....

Mmm, it could be the replacement camera in that case. The CMOS sensor on these cameras does some processing on the same piece of silicon before passing the video on to the main board. Impossible to be certain but as cables and connectors appears ok, swapping out the camera would be the next and easiest option.

Just a thought, was the original camera okay but damaged gimbal? Could you try the original? Doesn’t matter if the gimbal isn’t working, just need to check the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78