DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image Transmission Issues - Almost Can't Fly This Thing Anymore

This is exactly the problem I was having with my Invidia K1 Shield. Especially the part about almost not flyable. I could see that it was being bogged down and attempted to remove the extra apps that were running. But, in the end just did a factory reset and re-installed the Go App. Like night and day.

After about 4 months I noticed it started with the same behavior and did the factory reset/reload again. I noticed afterwards that various apps that I didn't want were automatically being downloaded, installed and run. Finally figured out how to turn that off and did the factory reset/reload again. It's been about a year now without any of those problems.

I'm not and Android guy.

Another thing I noticed is the selection of USB cable between the bottom RC port and the K1 Shield makes a lot of difference. It's apparent that some just don't work at all. In addition to the problems mentioned in the previous posts some cables radiate RF and interfere with the AC to RC downlink. I was using a right angle USB connector that cut the range to 100 feet or less. The USB cable that I'm using is 3 feet and is rolled up in a 3 inch coil. Keeps it tidy but also may cut down on common mode currents that could cause interference problems. Haven't tested this - just supposing.

What operating system are you running? I'm using Oreo and wondering whether I should factory reset my phone. I've even been reading about downgrading it to Nougat, the prior Android operator system, but it's a hassle and always a bit nerve-wrecking because you don't want to void the warranty on the phone.

I'm starting to think that Samsung Galaxy S7 is not equipped enough (in other words "too old") to run Oreo AND a latest version of DJI Pro at the same time.

What operating system are you running? I'm using Oreo and wondering whether I should factory reset my phone. I've even been reading about downgrading it to Nougat, the prior Android operator system, but it's a hassle and always a bit nerve-wrecking because you don't want to void the warranty on the phone.

I'm starting to think that Samsung Galaxy S7 is not equipped enough (in other words "too old") to run Oreo AND a latest version of DJI Pro at the same time.
My K1 Shield is running Android 7.0. That's Nougat I think.

Not really, it's DJI bloating their Go4 app that renders most devices not usable. They have quite the history with this.

One reason so many say "if it works don't break it" when it comes to users that ask about updates. Seems once you update Go4, you have to not just uninstall it to get a previous app to work, you have to reset your devices to factory, reload all your stuff, install an older Apk to get it usable again.

DJI bloats the app, changes the code making Litchi not working, then they watch users everywhere going WTF !! My device worked just a few weeks ago, and now after an update it doesn't. Hmmm must be my device!! I'll have to buy a new one. DJI meanwhile is laughing at all the WTF's happening in every other topic discussion, watching everyone including hackers trying to figure out what to do.

Then they watch people blame iOS updates, Android updates. They know they are straight up creating these issues because the users are too blind to consider... hmmm, every other app in here works great except for Go4. Time to buy a new device.. iOS or Android. ALL to simply fly a drone!!

So many people in my drone club here come to join. They see this lunacy and ask "is this really what has to happen to fly DJI?" followed by many "yes that is what we do", and that new member simply asks "Why? that makes no sense to me" where the response to that is "It just is if you want to fly DJI's great products"

It honestly baffles new members that people cave to DJI as much as they have in recent years.

Reactions: eddypanik
Not really, it's DJI bloating their Go4 app that renders most devices not usable. They have quite the history with this.

One reason so many say "if it works don't break it" when it comes to users that ask about updates. Seems once you update Go4, you have to not just uninstall it to get a previous app to work, you have to reset your devices to factory, reload all your stuff, install an older Apk to get it usable again.

DJI bloats the app, changes the code making Litchi not working, then they watch users everywhere going WTF !! My device worked just a few weeks ago, and now after an update it doesn't. Hmmm must be my device!! I'll have to buy a new one. DJI meanwhile is laughing at all the WTF's happening in every other topic discussion, watching everyone including hackers trying to figure out what to do.

Then they watch people blame iOS updates, Android updates. They know they are straight up creating these issues because the users are too blind to consider... hmmm, every other app in here works great except for Go4. Time to buy a new device.. iOS or Android. ALL to simply fly a drone!!

So many people in my drone club here come to join. They see this lunacy and ask "is this really what has to happen to fly DJI?" followed by many "yes that is what we do", and that new member simply asks "Why? that makes no sense to me" where the response to that is "It just is if you want to fly DJI's great products"

It honestly baffles new members that people cave to DJI as much as they have in recent years.
the question is only that i cannot understand why... they not sell the phone... in this way they are just creating unhappy customer... and also from different forum seem last update create problem also to CS monitor ... seems a bad internal politic .... (or most simple bad engineering... ) the best of best should be to have a built inside screen on the RC and story closed...

the question is only that i cannot understand why... they not sell the phone... in this way they are just creating unhappy customer... and also from different forum seem last update create problem also to CS monitor ... seems a bad internal politic .... (or most simple bad engineering... ) the best of best should be to have a built inside screen on the RC and story closed...
Yes, DJI in the last few months have ruined the Mavic Pro reputation with a couple app updates. They never want to fix it.
latest iOS update has Mini4 and other ios devices getting memory errors. LOL DJI and this POS app

Never allow DJI's apps to auto update on a iOS device, as you can't go back, and once the app is updated on the Apple side you can't get the previous versions. Not the case with Android, but for Apple a problem.

Paul C

Never allow DJI's apps to auto update on a iOS device, as you can't go back, and once the app is updated on the Apple side you can't get the previous versions. Not the case with Android, but for Apple a problem.

Paul C
Bigger question is why do they f'k the app up in the first place! Then, they never fix it

+1 for Litchi
I also had problems with the bottom RC USB port since the most recent firmware upgrade. Left one works great. This may be just my remote, but just FYI in case it helps.

I might mention (for the newbies) That only a minor percentage of users have issues with app updates and firmware.
So please dont fall into the "no scary updates" group just yet.

For every one that has a problem, there is 100's that do not. This includes Iphone, Ipad, and Android.
It is often easier for some to blame a software update than to sniff out the real problem. Be it a bad cable, an overloaded device, or a user that doesnt know how to force stop apps, clear cache's, and give proper permissions.

I have NEVER had an issue with ANY firmware or software updates. I use an Iphone 6, an Ipad air 1, or an Iphone 7 plus. All with out issues on all the latest updates.
And now, some of you will start quoting "known issues" with certain Android devices and the latest software, and those posts will be followed by people with the same equipment with NO problems.

Reactions: BudWalker
Despite what some people choose to believe, there are clearly some major issues with the latest version(s?) of DJI GO app and at least some Android devices. Just have a look at the latest app reviews on Google Play store, it's pretty much filled with similar reports and 1-star reviews – which for sure is not normal, nor just caused by sudden breakage of USB cables all over the world simultaneously. (The fact that the app might work on some devices doesn't render all those other reports of misfunction invalid)

Anecdotally, I had exact same issues myself on Oneplus 3 earlier this summer, scared the hell out of me and had me debugging all possible physical issues from cables etc until I had a chance to research the issue online a bit further. How I got myself my Mavic Pro back from being practically unusable:
- reverted back to earlier version of DJI GO app (google the instructions, plenty of help available on that which in itself tells a story on the quality of the app)
- always kill all the other apps prior to flying
- always switch on airplane mode prior to flying
- use a standard high-quality USB-cable from the bottom of the controller connection instead of the somewhat flimsy DJI-provided thin flat cable

I don't especially care for apple products however after numerous issues with androids I decided to buy used Ipad mini2 units for all my drones. I only use litchi to fly and never do firmware upgrades (if it isn't broken don't fix it) so after a few years I still have zero issues with my mavic pro except for poor video under dark skies. The mini's work great and are OK in bright sunlight.

What is the difference between flying it using the USB cable port on the upper left side of the RC, versus the USB cable port on the bottom of the RC? Is there a reason they provide both options?
I always had connection problems when I used the port on the left side of the controller, even when I purchased a new high quality cable. Switched to the USB port on the bottom and I haven't had a problem since.

There's a lot of good advice in this thread, hopefully, you find something that works, try all of it at once! Go 4 is definitely bloated, evidence of that is all the advertisements they throw at you, and in the time it takes for Go 4 to open to the point that you can actually fly. Because of that, and for some autonomous flight features, I primarily use Litchi, but will use Go 4 on occasion.

You're not alone, by any means, but those with newer IOS devices seem to experience fewer issues, and there are Litchi features that still don't work right in Android. However, you have more options in Android when it comes to choosing your app version.

Many people have locked in on version 4.1.16 of Go 4, as have I. I don't have the lag that I did with versions later that, but still occasionally experience video loss. Try installing that version.

Hey Guys:

I've been having MAJOR issues with my Mavic Pro. I purchased it in April 2017 and the problem started very shortly after my DJI Refresh One Year Protection expired (of course!).

There is a huge lag in image transmission to my phone when I am flying my drone. It also frequently loses signal and the upper left corner of the screen goes red and says "No Signal". This afternoon, I flew it in a park that I used frequently for my drone last Summer and I had to manually land it... it's almost not flyable at this point. The screen is constantly choppy and I can usually only see the top portion on my phone while the bottom portion is all blurry... it goes in and out with a full screen, clear picture....

I set the drone next to my foot with it still on and lifted my foot up and down. I noticed on the screen the 1 second or so delay on the phone screen showing my foot up and down off the ground. It even went to "No Signal" while on the ground right next to me...

Again, this issue only started fairly recently... within the last few months.

I am flying it with:

- Samsung Galaxy S7 (phone is exactly two years old, Sprint service provider)

- DJI Pro Go 4 4.2.21 (603 Google-Play) - latest version I believe...

- Firmware of RC and Aircraft: 01.03.0400 (very OLD version but everyone complains about the new firmware upgrades so I've been afraid to... this is from early 2017 I believe)

- Platform on phone: Android Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 (this is fairly new OS version)

I always fly my drone with my phone on Airplane mode with all apps closed.

On the remote control, I use the USB that is always plugged in on the upper left corner. I plug the other end in to my phone and center it.

I would appreciate any steps that could be recommended next to try and diagnose this. I'd love to send it in to DJI but again, my Refresh Care has expired and I'm not sure they would replace it.

Should I try upgrading firmware? New device? New little USB cable from RC to phone?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Same here, it was the Recent Upgrade. I thought it was my Mavic Pro but after I went back it was fine. I'm on the same firmware .0400 that your on:
- Firmware of RC and Aircraft: 01.03.0400 (very OLD version but everyone complains about the new firmware upgrades so I've been afraid to... this is from early 2017 I believe)

I had similar issues with my Mavic Pro. DJI Support suggestions were not helpful and wasted huge chunks of time. Using Samsung S7 Android.
Bought Litchi App for less than $25 and it has been perfect. Flying the Mavic Pro is fun again.

Hey Guys:

I've been having MAJOR issues with my Mavic Pro. I purchased it in April 2017 and the problem started very shortly after my DJI Refresh One Year Protection expired (of course!).

There is a huge lag in image transmission to my phone when I am flying my drone. It also frequently loses signal and the upper left corner of the screen goes red and says "No Signal". This afternoon, I flew it in a park that I used frequently for my drone last Summer and I had to manually land it... it's almost not flyable at this point. The screen is constantly choppy and I can usually only see the top portion on my phone while the bottom portion is all blurry... it goes in and out with a full screen, clear picture....

I set the drone next to my foot with it still on and lifted my foot up and down. I noticed on the screen the 1 second or so delay on the phone screen showing my foot up and down off the ground. It even went to "No Signal" while on the ground right next to me...

I am flying it with:

- Platform on phone: Android Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 (this is fairly new OS version)

On the remote control, I use the USB that is always plugged in on the upper left corner. I plug the other end in to my phone and center it.

I would appreciate any steps that could be recommended next to try and diagnose this. I'd love to send it in to DJI but again, my Refresh Care has expired and I'm not sure they would replace it.

Should I try upgrading firmware? New device? New little USB cable from RC to phone?

I'm having the exact same issue after refresh #1 and refresh #2. I bought a new manic pro and have the same issues again.

I used to be able to fly 2000 meters with no problem. Now there's no distance that isn't glitchy like you say.

A high quality cable can make a difference. Data transmission speeds can be faster and there might be less errors. It's worth spending extra money to get the best you can find. I did that recently and I feel that I have no issues related to transmission or responses nowadays.

Hey Guys:

I am flying it with:

Hey Guys:

I am flying it with:

Android devices suck. Get an Apple iPad mini4 or dji goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000