DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image Transmission Issues - Almost Can't Fly This Thing Anymore

Don't use the crappy cable provided by DJI. Get a good quality data cable and use the bottom port. This fixed ALL of my problems. I have a Pixel 2 XL running Android 9,as well as an iPad Mini 4. I have zero issues with either one on the latest firmware and DJI GO versions.

I had the same issues with an S7 and a Samsung Tab A. Problems started seemingly out of no where. I tried to resolve using the suggested fixes. Cables, settings, reformat memory, etc. Did NOT bump back any software version. I suspect it was an Samsung update, a DJI update or a combination of the two. Changed to an OnePlus 5t and problems went away completely. The 5t has significantly more processing and graphics power. The 5t has an almost stock Android version. The firmware and software on everything, phones, tablet and drone, are up to date. My suggestion: Try the most powerful phone with the closest to stock Android you can get your hands on.

Hi This has been an ongoing issue in several differing ways for months now- Suddenly having Lag/video pixelation? Fixed!
plus there are other topics covering the same issues but folks have't realized how broad this issue is so they keep creating different topics/subject lines...and even tho I reported it got better with my Mavic it is still a problem of which I plan to go back to an earlier version. I see several of you don't think it's a App issue. Yet, DJI continues to use a SINGLE app to cover all it's drones and the workings are starting to have a toll of horsepower etc to run all of this.
My tablet is dedicated to the drone and I've followed all the MavicHelp docs to shape it into a recommended version. Ran great for a while but after several different updates I start having issues making it NON-friendly to fly- SO I DON'T. That in itself is a shame as I love flying this.
Lastly, be sure to read your updates as somewhere around 4.20+ it states that once installed YOU CAN NOT GO BACK TO EARLIER VERSIONS. In my case that would have BRICKED my display since it CAN'T work with the current updates. YMMV but this has been my case. Not saying I'm correct and it's the only way to go but wanted to make you aware this is a very broad issue to include CrystalSky- do a search.

***update*** ***update*** ***update***
I just updated the DJIgo4 app back to Jan. 2018 4.2.3 I believe it was and took it for a flight out to the backyard. I'm happy to report there were no video glitches at all. Plan to charge all the batteries and give it a go tomorrow morning for a real flight- first in a month as this issue had/has me really bummed out over flying this thing.

Last edited:
GO4 Android Version 4.2.24 with firmware 0400. A bunch have tested it and it works again. I flew on a phone and tablet that was giving me fits, and those worked again.

Might want to give it a whirl.

Hey Guys:

I've been having MAJOR issues with my Mavic Pro. I purchased it in April 2017 and the problem started very shortly after my DJI Refresh One Year Protection expired (of course!).

There is a huge lag in image transmission to my phone when I am flying my drone. It also frequently loses signal and the upper left corner of the screen goes red and says "No Signal". This afternoon, I flew it in a park that I used frequently for my drone last Summer and I had to manually land it... it's almost not flyable at this point. The screen is constantly choppy and I can usually only see the top portion on my phone while the bottom portion is all blurry... it goes in and out with a full screen, clear picture....

I set the drone next to my foot with it still on and lifted my foot up and down. I noticed on the screen the 1 second or so delay on the phone screen showing my foot up and down off the ground. It even went to "No Signal" while on the ground right next to me...

Again, this issue only started fairly recently... within the last few months.

I am flying it with:

- Samsung Galaxy S7 (phone is exactly two years old, Sprint service provider)

- DJI Pro Go 4 4.2.21 (603 Google-Play) - latest version I believe...

- Firmware of RC and Aircraft: 01.03.0400 (very OLD version but everyone complains about the new firmware upgrades so I've been afraid to... this is from early 2017 I believe)

- Platform on phone: Android Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 (this is fairly new OS version)

I always fly my drone with my phone on Airplane mode with all apps closed.

On the remote control, I use the USB that is always plugged in on the upper left corner. I plug the other end in to my phone and center it.

I would appreciate any steps that could be recommended next to try and diagnose this. I'd love to send it in to DJI but again, my Refresh Care has expired and I'm not sure they would replace it.

Should I try upgrading firmware? New device? New little USB cable from RC to phone?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I had a similar issues with my ASUS tablet. I thought my USB port was bad on the controller. It ended up being the updated app so all I had to do was downgrade DJI 4 Go App to version 1.9 to get it to work again. You then have to turn auto update off on your tablet or phone.

Hey Guys:

I've been having MAJOR issues with my Mavic Pro. I purchased it in April 2017 and the problem started very shortly after my DJI Refresh One Year Protection expired (of course!).

There is a huge lag in image transmission to my phone when I am flying my drone. It also frequently loses signal and the upper left corner of the screen goes red and says "No Signal". This afternoon, I flew it in a park that I used frequently for my drone last Summer and I had to manually land it... it's almost not flyable at this point. The screen is constantly choppy and I can usually only see the top portion on my phone while the bottom portion is all blurry... it goes in and out with a full screen, clear picture....

I set the drone next to my foot with it still on and lifted my foot up and down. I noticed on the screen the 1 second or so delay on the phone screen showing my foot up and down off the ground. It even went to "No Signal" while on the ground right next to me...

I am flying it with:

- Firmware of RC and Aircraft: 01.03.0400 (very OLD version but everyone complains about the new firmware upgrades so I've been afraid to... this is from early 2017 I believe)

- Platform on phone: Android Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 (this is fairly new OS version)

On the remote control, I use the USB that is always plugged in on the upper left corner. I plug the other end in to my phone and center it.

I would appreciate any steps that could be recommended next to try and diagnose this. I'd love to send it in to DJI but again, my Refresh Care has expired and I'm not sure they would replace it.

Should I try upgrading firmware? New device? New little USB cable from RC to phone?

I don't have much time to reply, so I cant read the other responses. However, I had this issue last update. I rolled back the DJI Go app (also on a Sprint S7). It worked great till the most recent firmware update on the drone. I then updated my Go app to th latest version and all the bugs seemed to be worked out relating to the live feed transmission. Cant really go wrong updating. Just keep a link saved to the older versions.

Reactions: looopson
Unsure if anyone else has the same issue on the pro. Strangely, the Dji go app image transmission on the mavic air is good.

I have a similar issue with my Mavic Air, although not as bad it does fly but often when still in sight I have image transmission issues and no signal frequently it’s getting really annoying, also using without the RC is unbearable!

I bought the air as I heard good reviews but to be honest it’s starting to pee me off, don’t get me wrong when it works the images I capture are amazing but video and transmission errors are the Bain of my life at the moment - starting to wonder if it’s a setting issue I haven’t come across yet.

Reactions: ckoijun
I had the same issues with an S7 and a Samsung Tab A. Problems started seemingly out of no where. I tried to resolve using the suggested fixes. Cables, settings, reformat memory, etc. Did NOT bump back any software version. I suspect it was an Samsung update, a DJI update or a combination of the two. Changed to an OnePlus 5t and problems went away completely. The 5t has significantly more processing and graphics power. The 5t has an almost stock Android version. The firmware and software on everything, phones, tablet and drone, are up to date. My suggestion: Try the most powerful phone with the closest to stock Android you can get your hands on.
+1 Tacoman
I'm using a S7 and I had transmission video break up issues. I too think it's related to the recent Samsung update and maybe the DJI Go 4 update. I was able downgrade to an older version of the App and it's good now. Forget which one but just google it. Still have occasional App crashes though. No need to downgrade any firmware.

Hey Guys:

I am flying it with:

Sounds like you are due for a phone upgrade, The S9 has a totally different chip set. It is also much brighter (Almost Crystal Sky "Nit" Rating"). I'm ready to update next month and can't wait to see the difference.

I seem to remember a phone update and a DJI update in the within a few days of each other last time and I had to re calibrate everything concerning the drone.

I don't agree with the updating the phone. Shouldn't have to continually buy new gear. I plan to get something that works and stay with that. Just my way of doing it. Your way works for you & mine is now (hopefully working for me. To each their own, ay.

Had the same issue and the guys here helped me. Downgrade the DJI go4 app to an older one. Solved my issue. I will try to find how to link my thread to this one

Reactions: looopson
GO4 Android Version 4.2.24 with firmware 0400. A bunch have tested it and it works again. I flew on a phone and tablet that was giving me fits, and those worked again.

I just tried this on my S7 active. I had been using Lichi as the problem with Go4 was so bad for me. Today with no other changes version 4.2.24 of the app works again. Clear smooth video without the upper part of the screen being all pixelated even when the MP is 10 feet away.

Hi,
I have the same phone and it did exactly the same thing. I disabled to on phone caching and its all good now.

I use a Galaxy S5 which is clearly a performance step down from the S7 which seems to be implicated in most of the problems here. Six months ago I had all the delay / pixilation problems talked about. I wound the DJI 4 app back to 4.1.15 and have been flying happily ever since. Just how the company DJI can sit back and seemingly ignore this groundswell of critical problems astounds me. There was a time when they would chime in on forums like this with some words of wisdom, but no more.

Hello people.
THE PROBLEM:
I went through these problems all during a year of flights with my Mavic.
In some places the problem was minor, in other flights, it was much worse.
I used several models of Android phones (from the Dji list or not).
I bought the virtual reality glasses from the Epson BT-300, which never failed to present the problem, which I sold after 1 month of frustration.
Since many people in the forums pointed to DjiGo 4 as a problem, I reinstalled my Litichi to a testing section ... and there was the problem exactly the same.

I even thought about selling my Mavic to get rid of Ocusync technology, turning down portability and moving to a P4 Adv Plus.
But one day, I watched a video on YouTube, where a CrystalSky monitor from Dji herself presented the problem.
By elimination
1- The problem happens even in phones from Dji list.
2- I never had this problem with P4 and P3 drones.
3- Dji's own CrystalSky monitor presents the problem. (it's Android).
4- The problem is NOT in DjiGo 4, since it occurs in the App Litichi
Already very angry and frustrated, I posted in a forum "Why Dji does not write on the packaging that this drone only works with iPhones!" and I received the following answer "IT'S WRITTEN THERE" and it really is.
I looked at my options and made my decision.

THE SOLUTION:
I bought a used iPhone 6S just to fly and I never had problems of video transmission.

Last edited:

I am flying it with:

Hey looopson,

I didn't notice in your post saying if you have been flying with the Galaxy S7 all along or not. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 as well and have the exact same issue. I didn't do a LOT of research but from what I have read...there are a lot of people having issues with the Galaxy S7. Many other people disagreed and said that they were able to use the S7 without a problem. However with so many people complaining about the issue...there must be something to it. I cannot speculate why it is happening but...I swapped out my phone for my iPad and the issue went away.
A side note: somewhere in my research I came across a document with "compatible phones / tablets" and the Samsung Galaxy S7 was NOT on the list.
Maybe borrow a phone or tablet that is known to work and try it with your Mavic Pro.
Good Luck
Scott
Weymouth, MA

That sounds like a newer version than what I have. I was going to try downgrading first DJI Go (if possible) but maybe the new version fixed the problems?

Yep same problem with the same phone (Galaxy S7) also with Samsung tab A. It used to work perfectly until the update. What I've heard is DJI is pointing fingers at Samsung and Samsung is pointing there finger at DJI for these issues. Neither have done squat to resolve the problem. My only saving grace being I use my drone for work purposes is that I bought the DJI goggles when I bought my Mavic Pro. There is no issues when using the goggles with video feed and seems the go4 program to run the Mavic is not effected by this. But forget about looking at the phone or tablet. I will use this for now but will be finding a new drone from another company that actually works soon here. DJI has wasted my time and money. I don't need to be ripped off twice to get a clue. It's a Shame, I liked flying this drone. It fit thru tight spaces well but I need something faster and more maneuverable maybe a drone with jets instead of propellers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998