DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image white mark

Pred05

Reactions
Hi, i have bought a mavic four days ago and i have a problem with the image. i have a white mark in the image when i set the camera cover. Whithout it the mark isn't in the image. It's anormal or a bad settings ? What do you think ? The red image is a picture taken with the cover protect.
Thanks for help.

1F8579176BE33D476E9A572FD111A386.JPG 365181B261E5EAEF0417117F28F78B4A.JPG IMG_0566.PNG IMG_0567.PNG

Yes, that's normal when shooting photos with the plastic dome installed. You should remove it before taking off if you plan on using the photos/videos.

The "camera cover" is not designed to be left on when flying. It is to protect the gimbal/camera during transport.

Ohhh ok, i'm to bad... I find that the manuel "getting started" isn't detailed enough...

But it exist some protection for the lens when flying ? or it is useless ?

Thanks a lot!

Ok thank you! But it exist some protection for the lens when flying ? or it is useless ?

Like said above it is not for protection while flying and actually blocks air vents designed to cool the Mavic during flight ...

The dome CAN be left on during flight to offer some protection, and no overheating problems have been found by people who have tested leaving it on. You do have to remove the gimbal clamp behind it before turning on the Mavic's power.

That said, as you have seen, shooting photos and video through a cheap plastic dome will give you visual artifacts. Honestly, you're better off removing it before flight.

If your primary concern is to provide a measure of protection for the camera lens itself, many of us use a circular polarizing filter and place it over the lens unless we choose to use a ND filter for our photography that mission. It may protect your camera from the errant kamikaze bug splat.

Note: anytime you use filters on the camera lens make sure they will pass a gimbal calibration test before flight.

Remove the plastic dome, install your filter of choice, then remove the gimbal clamp and power up the aircraft. This minimizes the risk of damaging the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000