DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iMovie overexposing footage but fine on VLC - Is that a D-Log issue?

Reactions
I went out with my new drone for the second time and when i tried to edit the footage in iMovie it was overexposed. I think it's probably cos I shot in D-Log (although by accident). How can i get iMovie to expose the footage correctly so it's not wasted. Or is there a way i can turn iMovie D-Log settings off? I've no way f editing the footage otherwise.

All you desire and more is available in the iMove interface.
I tried but it didn't work well enough. I moved all the sliders around and it all looked bad. Some of the filters heped but not the look I want. If it shot in D-Log surely there's a way to just switch it off and get the contrast and exposure back?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 02.36.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 02.36.30.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
IMovie only works in .mov or .mpg.

to revert to original is all just “undo” everything.
Yeah I've messed around with all of those menus and sliders etc and have been using iMovie for years. What I don't get is why VLC plays the footage and it looks as it did on the controller but iMovie is overexposing it all giving it the look of D-Log. Why is iMovie showing it looking like that and how can I get it to look 'correct'. I can' t find anything in iMovie to do that sufficiently when I know there's nothing wrong with the footage.

pic 1 is in iMovie and pic 2 is in VLC

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 02.36.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 02.36.30.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 02.48.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 02.48.12.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 17
Not without a lot of hassle and even then I'm not sure, but it's also doing it on my laptop too so I think it's an iMovie thing.
It’s strange for sure... I’m out of ideas beyond reviewing every setting and preference. BTW I use it on my iMac.

It’s strange for sure... I’m out of ideas beyond reviewing every setting and preference. BTW I use it on my iMac.
Yeah I'm out of ideas and google has nothing helpful. I'm sure it's an easy answer if you know how and I've never imported D-Log footage into iMovie before. Thanks anyway.

iMovie 10.1.14
Catalina 10.15.3

D-Log-M import, no corrections:

dlog imovie.png

No issue importing into iMovie.....sorry this doesn't help but does show that iMovie will import it without issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections