DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU and Compass error with lost of GPS signal

is this file the correct file?

No - that's the txt log that you posted in post #12.

Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 & DJI Fly)
The DAT file naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the file, is: YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLYXXX.DAT., where XXX is the flight recorder file index from the HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex field in the txt log.​
These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs.​

No ... that's the same TXT log you posted earlier ... as I wrote in my previous post the correct log have FLY213.DAT in the end
Thanks for all the assistance unfortunately I can’t find away to get that file. However I seemed to have resolved the problem as I got the same error again two days later. I figured that the Compass calibration procedure only had to be done 20 meters away from a magnetic interference and metal. I did not consider the actual iPad my phone, watch and belt buckle. After I saw a YouTube clip about compass calibration where it was pointed out that the device you fly with, cel phones and watches can affect the compass I recalibrated my compass insuring that all all devices and metal on my person was 20 meters away. The flight test seemed was perfect the drone was far more stable than it was before. Before I would notice the drone drift a little in some situations but I figured it was due to wind or satellite signal change. Even on return to home landings the drone would not always land on the exact same spot sometimes about a meter away. But after I did this calibration making sure the smart devices were far away it lands on the exact same spot each time.

Reactions: slup
No ... that's the same TXT log you posted earlier ... as I wrote in my previous post the correct log have FLY213.DAT in the end
Thanks for the assistance unfortunately I can’t seem to get that file. However I found a YouTube video that was quite useful. I believe the problem I was having was linked to a compass and IMU discrepancy which I think was cause by my incorrect calibration of the compass. Apparently it is not enough to just calibrate the compass away from metal objects but your cel phone and the iPad device used to fly with also affect calibration. So I removed my watch belt buckle and left all smart devices 20 meters away from where I calibrated the drones compass and it made a massive improvement in stability and the errors have not shown up again. Where as they would occur around ever third flight. I never noticed it much before but I thought the little bit of drift I was getting was normal as it was very slight. but now there is no drift at all the drone sits rock solid.

I took a flight today and everything was perfect on the preflight check and home point was updated. This was my 4th take off for the day but then when I got about 100 meters away I got and IMU heading error with a Compass error and weak GPS signal but there were 17 satellites then another compass error and an aircraft signal too weak error and she switched to Atti mode. So I turned her around and headed back but then as she was nearly back GPS was back and everything was fine and I continued to fly like normal and back out over the same area I was at no more problems. Has anyone experienced this does it mean I should recalibrate everything even though it was working fine after the problem?
Eerie, your description is almost identical to my similar issue. I posted my DAT and Logs files so lets see what the experts can deduce..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent