DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU won't calibrate

Alastair

Reactions
After updating to the latest version, and playing around with the flight simulator for a while, I was going to update some settings when I noticed a compass calibration warning. The calibration didn't seem to work in my office so I took it outside where I also noticed an IMU update warning which I knew I should do first. After setting the Mavic on a flat surface as shown on the calibration screen I started the calibration. It ran fine until the progress bar reached about 1/4" from the end and stopped. The green and one blue light were lit in the bottom left quadrant of the screen. The number 2 appeared at the bottom right corner. I left it running undisturbed for about 10 minutes; no change. I resorted to shutting down the drone, then the controller, then started all over again with the same result. I used about 20% of the battery trying. What do I do?

Do the IMU calibration in the house since it works better when cool.

Make sure you're doing it right by looking at a video.

The first time I tried to initialize the IMU I did it wrong. The last few times I did it exactly as your video later confirmed. Although I go through all the steps and the "success" screen shows, I still get an IMU warning as well as the compass calibration warning. When I try to calibrate the compass I don't get past the first rotation step. No green light. If I do the nose-down move anyway, the light turns green as though all is well, but the warnings are still there. One note...when looking at the IMU screen it displays no info for Gyro1. All the while the home screen shows Ready to Fly (GPS). I was using my iPad mini4. I tried it with my iPhone without downloading the firmware and got the same result.
65f562839ef3f47e3376f992fc371aa3.jpg
d85f30ab72cd724178f2b7f590e71f98.jpg
924a0eb4f3faff74d78408b64c6db2e2.jpg

I'm thinking now that it's the Data Error on Gyro1 (top picture) that's my problem. Could the failure to calibrate the IMU prevent the calibration of the compass? Who has an idea of how to restore Gyro1?

I just got finished with an online "chat" with DJI. All they can recommend is sending it in for repairs. I have only 1hr 37min on this **** thing! Could it be the firmware update? Can I revert to the previous version and try that?

I got the same issues as you. My Mavic is less than 2 weeks old. Same thing, I was messing with the simulator for about 20 minutes and the drone just went crazy. Talked to DJI and they said just return/exchange it.

Attachments

• IMG_6841.PNG
    IMG_6841.PNG
    934.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6838.PNG
    IMG_6838.PNG
    889.4 KB · Views: 35
Yep. Sounds just like mine. I bought it for a trip to Lake Powell with enough time to practice. Now with a week and a half left, I have to mail it off. I'm pi$$ed off!

Yep. Sounds just like mine. I bought it for a trip to Lake Powell with enough time to practice. Now with a week and a half left, I have to mail it off. I'm pi$$ed off!

check my PM and let me know how you go.

Same problem. Calibrating IMU and it is stuck on the first stage with one green light on the left and progress bar 95% over.

I have just worked out what I was doing wrong! The picture on my mobile device was trying to get me to change the position of the Mavic. It was waiting for me and I thought I was waiting for it. One I changed its position I got the next green light and so on. Easy fix!

Reactions: Gygax
After updating to the latest version, and playing around with the flight simulator for a while, I was going to update some settings when I noticed a compass calibration warning. The calibration didn't seem to work in my office so I took it outside where I also noticed an IMU update warning which I knew I should do first. After setting the Mavic on a flat surface as shown on the calibration screen I started the calibration. It ran fine until the progress bar reached about 1/4" from the end and stopped. The green and one blue light were lit in the bottom left quadrant of the screen. The number 2 appeared at the bottom right corner. I left it running undisturbed for about 10 minutes; no change. I resorted to shutting down the drone, then the controller, then started all over again with the same result. I used about 20% of the battery trying. What do I do?

Try placing the drone on its side and then initiate the calibration. I was able to get that to work for mine.

Try placing the drone on its side and then initiate the calibration. I was able to get that to work for mine.
Thanks for posting this suggestion it worked for me on my old Mavic Pro. It’s been a minute since I have had the drone out and about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S