DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In theory, could you get into a new Mavic 3 for $2007?

Paulark

Reactions
I'm sorta just thinking out loud here. So the entire theory hinges on the presumption that the Mavic 3 will link with your old Air 2 controller, which I've read on other threads that it will do. I mean, it's the same controller, right? It should.

So then you buy one of the replacement drones for 1760, a battery for 209, and a set of props for 38...boom you're in for $2007 instead of $2199. You're not saving a ton, but it's enough to buy a set of ND filters!!

Thoughts?

There are a few questions related to your theory:

1) where can you purchase a replacement drone for Mavic 3?
2) is replacement drone brand new or refurbished?
3) what is the warranty for replacement drone?
4) can you add DJI Care Refresh plan for replacement drone?

DJI's after-sales team can sell drones only if you need them. They can provide you with a special link on their web where you can get the new drone only. This is not public.

The warranty will be the same as a new drone and you can add the DJI Care Refresh plan yes.

To clarify... When I say "they can" is because they do with some customers but I am sure not with everybody. You may need to explain you lost your drone and need the drone only. "crossing fingers"

They really want you to sell the whole package.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
There are a few questions related to your theory:

1) where can you purchase a replacement drone for Mavic 3?
2) is replacement drone brand new or refurbished?
3) what is the warranty for replacement drone?
4) can you add DJI Care Refresh plan for replacement drone?
1. After I buy one, I'll tell ya...haha
2. Brand new, never activated.
3. Same as buying one.
4. Yes

if someone can spring $2007, couldn't you stretch a little more for the $2200? And if you could spring the $2200 could you strech a little more for the Fly Mo? And if you could stretch for the Fly Mo, just stretch a little more and get da Cine?

Reactions: merak75
Buying into M3, like OP mentioned is delirious.

It’s like buying a BMW and asking them to leave the floor mats out because you want to bring your own.

1 Battery for a $2000 Drone? Yeah right, that makes sense.
Then you want a decent case to protect your precious drone.
Now you have 2 batteries now you’ll want a hub.
And don’t forget insurance.

If you’re buying a $2000 drone figure you’ll spend double that when done.

If you’re thinking of a $2000 drone you shouldn’t blink an eye at $2200. If your are, you might want to consider dropping it down a notch.

if someone can spring $2007, couldn't you stretch a little more for the $2200? And if you could spring the $2200 could you strech a little more for the Fly Mo? And if you could stretch for the Fly Mo, just stretch a little more and get da Cine?
...and if you can just stretch a little more, might as well buy two of the da Cine's, so you'll always have a backup!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev