DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In Your Opinion...Which Editing Software?

BigLobster

Reactions
Folks, I’m a new Mavic Air Pilot...right about 3 months. I’ve been spending lots of time learning to fly. Practice. Practice. More practice.

But, the thing that confuses me more than anything?

Which editing software to invest my time/money in.

Can you tell me what YOU use & WHY you selected it?

Folks, I’m a new Mavic Air Pilot...right about 3 months. I’ve been spending lots of time learning to fly. Practice. Practice. More practice.

But, the thing that confuses me more than anything?

Which editing software to invest my time/money in.

Can you tell me what YOU use & WHY you selected it?
Hello, Which one do you want to explore? Photography/Videography?..., If photography maybe you can choose Adobe Lightroom for PC, orrr.... Snapseed for Smartphones ( I really love this application [emoji16]), I you want to explore Videography you may choose Adobe Premiere / Sony Vegas Pro, but I heard both software need a High End PC Specs...CMIIW.

For video, I mainly use Davinci Resolve BlackMagic Bete2, it's much faster than Premiere Pro at rendering, if your computer is up to the task. I also use Premiere Pro, and on occasion Adobe After Effects. Adobe After Effects will eat up about as much RAM as you can feed it, and it consistantly uses 90% of my 64Gb.

Lightroom-

For images, I have lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. Lightroom confuses the crap out of me. Photoshop all the way!!!! Leave the lightroom to wedding and event photographers.
For video, I have no game. Just learning... Don't want or need software capable of producing a full length hollywood movie, but would like something fast, cheap and with a low learning curve.

Watching this thread to see what video editing options are recommended...

Paul

I'm not sure I'd call this a recommendation but Power Director is super easy to use. I actually purchased the entire Adobe suite and I honestly hate it! Super complicated! I believe Power Director can be had for a free trial so you have nothing to lose. One caveat, they beat you up with ads until you buy it! Hahahaha!

Youtube is the answer to all things complicated with all avail tutorials. Second to that would be the newsletters offered by some instructors. Photoshop is great on manipulation of single images but if you are at all interested in darkroom type stuff, HDR, doing lots of batch photos (time lapse) than Lightroom is the way to go. Ya, I know PS does batch.

Video- as mentioned Power Director is cheap but still I needed Youtube to help me out on learning it. Premier Elements is cheap as well especially since you can get an older version cuz, who needs the latest greatest (Amazon for both of these)
DaVinci Resolve is FREE and powerful and again, Youtube a must.

Lightroom time lapse-
PS newsletter- Home - Matt Kloskowski
Mavic/PS/Lightroom newsletter/Youtube- DJI Mavic 2 Pro Review

The last is a new to drone(not real new but HOT on DJI) guy Colin Smith

Youtube is the answer to all things complicated with all avail tutorials. Second to that would be the newsletters offered by some instructors. Photoshop is great on manipulation of single images but if you are at all interested in darkroom type stuff, HDR, doing lots of batch photos (time lapse) than Lightroom is the way to go. Ya, I know PS does batch.

Video- as mentioned Power Director is cheap but still I needed Youtube to help me out on learning it. Premier Elements is cheap as well especially since you can get an older version cuz, who needs the latest greatest (Amazon for both of these)
DaVinci Resolve is FREE and powerful and again, Youtube a must.

Lightroom time lapse-
PS newsletter- Home - Matt Kloskowski
Mavic/PS/Lightroom newsletter/Youtube- DJI Mavic 2 Pro Review

The last is a new to drone(not real new but HOT on DJI) guy Colin Smith
Photos - Lightroom and photoshop if you want to do advanced edits.

Video - Davinci resolve. They do a pretty much full functioning free version with loads of youtube videos for tutorials. (Studio version costs about 300€ amd adds some extras like noice reduction, but not needed. If you go for the studio version you get a lifetime of free updates) I had zero experince of video editing but after an hour of watching vids was able to produce some pretty decent edits with colour grading, fades, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan