DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inconsistent Descent and Landing Speeds

Tyuyrt

Reactions
Hello, no matter how much due diligence, forgive if this question has been addressed, I just can't find the thread!
My controller is set to mode 2; no matter what flight mode my mini is set to (C, S, P), it will only descend at the painfully slow Cinematic setting unless I "spiral-in". If I pull the left joystick down and then slightly to the left or right (so my mini is doing a slow 360) it will descend at the correct speed for that mode. Without the 360, it always descends at Cinematic speed. The decals on the controller (open to interpretation) appear to indicate that the joystick needs be down and to the left or right to descend, but really?? My MP2 drops like a rock when I pull back the joystick - no 360 needed; Is this how the MM is designed to land? Again, if this has been addressed, my apologies, please direct me to the thread. If not, is this normal or is this an anomaly?
Thank you all for your input.

Hello, no matter how much due diligence, forgive if this question has been addressed, I just can't find the thread!
My controller is set to mode 2; no matter what flight mode my mini is set to (C, S, P), it will only descend at the painfully slow Cinematic setting unless I "spiral-in". If I pull the left joystick down and then slightly to the left or right (so my mini is doing a slow 360) it will descend at the correct speed for that mode. Without the 360, it always descends at Cinematic speed. The decals on the controller (open to interpretation) appear to indicate that the joystick needs be down and to the left or right to descend, but really?? My MP2 drops like a rock when I pull back the joystick - no 360 needed; Is this how the MM is designed to land? Again, if this has been addressed, my apologies, please direct me to the thread. If not, is this normal or is this an anomaly?
Thank you all for your input.
the descent speed is relevant to the weight of the craft and the power of the motors to stop a fast descent, i think also that because it is a beginner drone then they want to give new flyers time to react to the different stick inputs, the descent speed for any mavic remains constant if doing a manual descent with full down stick you have to be careful coming in hot in low light conditions or over water or some other reflective surface, as it fools the down facing sensors and doesnt slow down and hover when close to the ground and a hard landing can cause many problems for the gimbal and front landing legs not to mention the internals
and before the comments about weight this is a controlled descent using the motors not free fall

Last edited:
Hello, thank you for your response. What you said makes a lot of sense. Yesterday I was flying the MM in a park (no reflective surfaces); I was in a hurry, put my MM in Sport and ascended to 200 feet ( a new high-rise across the street was my target). I got the footage I needed and descended. It took 2 minutes to descend from 200 feet in Sport mode. That was with the stick pulled straight down. I wanted to film the descent but again, in a hurry. When MM was at 60 feet I stopped filming and pulled the stick down and left -- the MM started spinning around and came down to land in seconds. So are you saying that if I need to land quickly that the MM will only do so if it is spinning like a top? Thank you for your response.
Ty

Hello, thank you for your response. What you said makes a lot of sense. Yesterday I was flying the MM in a park (no reflective surfaces); I was in a hurry, put my MM in Sport and ascended to 200 feet ( a new high-rise across the street was my target). I got the footage I needed and descended. It took 2 minutes to descend from 200 feet in Sport mode. That was with the stick pulled straight down. I wanted to film the descent but again, in a hurry. When MM was at 60 feet I stopped filming and pulled the stick down and left -- the MM started spinning around and came down to land in seconds. So are you saying that if I need to land quickly that the MM will only do so if it is spinning like a top? Thank you for your response.
Ty
no putting down and left or right stick is not the way to do it at all, flying forwards with some yaw and some down stick is the safest method to avoid prop wash i think the pics you saw in the manual are for stop or start props manually never stop props in flight as you will be in freefall after they stop

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan