DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect dates on Flight Records in Me section of DJI Go4

The OP has clarified to me that the issue is with a Mavic 2, the current drone, not an Inspire 1. I misread the original post. My bad guys. This issue seems to have a common denominator being it effects the Smart Controller version of DJI Go 4.

I would be interested, those of you having this problem, if the flight records are correct if you view them on another device other than the Smart Controller. It could be it’s a parsing error with the SC app
I loaded DJI Go4 on my iPad and the dates are the same as they are on the smart controller, so it’s not just a display issue on the controller. Interesting that there are two sets of dates - one off by six years (flight records) and one off by 12 or 13 hours (photo dates).

I copied files to my computer. The dates remain wrong as they are date/time stamped when created. In addition, the EXIF data inside photos contains the wrong date info also. In the attached images, the RED show a March 8th date. They were taken on March 20. The other files were copied from the drone using the Review function and then downloaded. They were also taken on the 20th and show the YEAR 2013. The second mage shows the EXIF date. Also wrong.

View attachment 68064View attachment 68062
I will take a couple pictures today to see if the photo dates are consistently off by 12 or 13 hours or if they continue to be shown as March 31.

Reactions: ff22
Very weird, today I took some stills and they’re all dated yesterday

Look at Properties/Details TAB for one of the files. Somewhere in all that data, is there the correct time and date?

This was posted on the DJI official forum:

"Hi All,
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they will fix the date issue in the next firmware update.
We'll release as soon as it is ready. Currently, you may turn off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct time.Appreciate your support and patience. "

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Tks ff22, I’ve had the question in with DJI SUPPORT for over a week & not had a reply from the mysterious engineers yet. But it’s good they’ve acknowledged the issue.

Got the following response from DJI today (confirming another Members statement)
"I've received an update from our Engineers. The cause of the issue has been located and will be resolved in the next version of the firmware.
For now, you may try to turn off the automatic synchronize with an internet time server feature and manually modify the time to the correct time."

And in response to when the firmware will be updated
"I don't want to provide incorrect information about the date and time for the next firmware version. Our Engineering team is currently working on this and this will be released as soon as possible."

I copied files to my computer. The dates remain wrong as they are date/time stamped when created. In addition, the EXIF data inside photos contains the wrong date info also. In the attached images, the RED show a March 8th date. They were taken on March 20. The other files were copied from the drone using the Review function and then downloaded. They were also taken on the 20th and show the YEAR 2013. The second mage shows the EXIF date. Also wrong.

View attachment 68064View attachment 68062
what I have

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven