DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect dates on Flight Records in Me section of DJI Go4

Drbobk

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I went to the flight records section of DJI Go4 "Me" to get details for a log book. The earliest entries are from 1/18/2013, about two years before I bought my first drone (Inspire1). But the flights described are from about a month ago, in my current location. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? I should add that I'm using a Smart Controller.

Last edited:
I went to the flight records section of DJI Go4 "Me" to get details for a log book. The earliest entries are from 1/18/2013, about two years before I bought my first drone (Inspire1). But the flights described are from about a month ago, in my current location. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

I think I remember hearing about a bug like this but you can change the local time on the drone by connecting to Assistant 2 on a computer.

You also might get better more Insipre 2 help if you post to Inspire Pilots. We are happy to have you but I don’t know how many of us have Inspire 2s so you are gonna get only general DJI advice here.

You also might get better more Insipre 2 help if you post to Inspire Pilots. We are happy to have you but I don’t know how many of us have Inspire 2s so you are gonna get only general DJI advice here.
That's a DJI Go4 issue rather than an Inspire issue.

Typically the aircraft gets its date time and GPS data from GPS sats though. I can do a test to see if the date/time is affected by the system clock on flight record in the app

I now fly a Mavic 2 Pro. I was surprised that my Inspire1 records showed up in the Me section, but I guess that's done on an account basis. Anyway, recent Mavic flights were reported as from 2013. Since the aircraft uses GPS, it should never get the date or time wrong, so I don't think it's the aircraft, But because the records are sorted by date, these somewhat new flights show up as the oldest.

I went to the flight records section of DJI Go4 "Me" to get details for a log book. The earliest entries are from 1/18/2013, about two years before I bought my first drone (Inspire1). But the flights described are from about a month ago, in my current location. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? I should add that I'm using a Smart Controller.

I know you were referring to your early Inspire drone and the 2013 date. Not your current drone.

Be that as it may, it is bug, a number of us have reported it on the DJI forum. There's a second date bug, too. My last flights were on March 20, but the files and the internal EXIF data is marked March 8. March 8 was the last time I had flown prior to March 20. So images have the wrong date and log files/data have the 2013 year bug.

Apparently, you can temporarily fix the issue by setting the time/date and maybe using wifi and then NOT turning the SC off. It may then retain the correct info.

I know you were referring to your early Inspire drone and the 2013 date. Not your current drone.

Be that as it may, it is bug, a number of us have reported it on the DJI forum. There's a second date bug, too. My last flights were on March 20, but the files and the internal EXIF data is marked March 8. March 8 was the last time I had flown prior to March 20. So images have the wrong date and log files/data have the 2013 year bug.

Apparently, you can temporarily fix the issue by setting the time/date and maybe using wifi and then NOT turning the SC off. It may then retain the correct info.

The OP has clarified to me that the issue is with a Mavic 2, the current drone, not an Inspire 1. I misread the original post. My bad guys. This issue seems to have a common denominator being it effects the Smart Controller version of DJI Go 4.

I would be interested, those of you having this problem, if the flight records are correct if you view them on another device other than the Smart Controller. It could be it’s a parsing error with the SC app

The OP has clarified to me that the issue is with a Mavic 2, the current drone, not an Inspire 1. I misread the original post. My bad guys. This issue seems to have a common denominator being it effects the Smart Controller version of DJI Go 4.

I would be interested, those of you having this problem, if the flight records are correct if you view them on another device other than the Smart Controller. It could be it’s a parsing error with the SC app

I copied files to my computer. The dates remain wrong as they are date/time stamped when created. In addition, the EXIF data inside photos contains the wrong date info also. In the attached images, the RED show a March 8th date. They were taken on March 20. The other files were copied from the drone using the Review function and then downloaded. They were also taken on the 20th and show the YEAR 2013. The second mage shows the EXIF date. Also wrong.

Bad Dates.jpgBad EXIF.jpg

Reactions: TonyFordGeo
I copied files to my computer. The dates remain wrong as they are date/time stamped when created. In addition, the EXIF data inside photos contains the wrong date info also. In the attached images, the RED show a March 8th date. They were taken on March 20. The other files were copied from the drone using the Review function and then downloaded. They were also taken on the 20th and show the YEAR 2013. The second mage shows the EXIF date. Also wrong.

View attachment 68064View attachment 68062
That’s really weird

That’s really weird

You can say that again.

What brought this to most of our attention was the fact that the logs and/or photo/video were missing! Well, not really, it is just that with the dates so out of whack, folks could not find them where they would be expected in a Date Sort Order. I thought all of my hard won snow hike pictures were gone. Thought I had screwed up. It was after changing from details to Large Image view (Windows) that I saw my snowy pictures mixed with my friend's shoreline house! Others, licensed guys, who need correct dates for logs also would not find those for the same reason - out of order or mixed with earlier logs.

You can say that again.

What brought this to most of our attention was the fact that the logs and/or photo/video were missing! Well, not really, it is just that with the dates so out of whack, folks could not find them where they would be expected in a Date Sort Order. I thought all of my hard won snow hike pictures were gone. Thought I had screwed up. It was after changing from details to Large Image view (Windows) that I saw my snowy pictures mixed with my friend's shoreline house! Others, licensed guys, who need correct dates for logs also would not find those for the same reason - out of order or mixed with earlier logs.

Oh dang I didn’t even think of that issue! I guess you have to use Lightroom to ingest and then fix the metadata on import. Not that big a deal but shouldn’t have to do that. This is a “GoPro Karma” type fail on DJIs part.

Yap same here and problem is smart controller, latest update has bug, let us all ring dji [emoji348],700$ controller has issues also Iv had a few crashes on app, never had all these problems before I updated, now can not roll back to prior firmware, not happy please spread the word

Yap same here and problem is smart controller, latest update has bug, let us all ring dji [emoji348],700$ controller has issues also Iv had a few crashes on app, never had all these problems before I updated, now can not roll back to prior firmware, not happy please spread the word

Never update anything DJI that is working. Their software is always the best at the beginning and gets worse from there and/or they remove functions for reasons nobody knows. It’s so bad I’ve turned off automatic update on my phone and computer because I am now scared and don’t trust updates from anybody now. DJI makes great drones, the best but they are terrible with software.

I just noticed that all my flights today, and for several different days in the last few weeks, are all dated 18/01/2013, or Jan 18th, 2013. Pictures I shot around 9 or 10 this morning (April 1) show up as 10PM March 31st in my Photos app, matching the info shown on the memory card.

Same problem. I have had a request for info into DJI Support for a week & ni response so far.

I just noticed that all my flights today, and for several different days in the last few weeks, are all dated 18/01/2013, or Jan 18th, 2013. Pictures I shot around 9 or 10 this morning (April 1) show up as 10PM March 31st in my Photos app, matching the info shown on the memory card.

Yes. Dual date bugs. 2013 or A PAST FLY-DATE on images.

And Ralph Thompson: DJI has asked for videos showing this. It should be easy enough for them to take some pictures and review some logs to see there's a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29