DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

InnovativeUAS in Phoenix

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
Hi All; Anyone order (sorry, pre-order) from these guys in Phoenix - if so, heard anything?? Their website indicates deliveries early - mid November - nothing updated for over a month. Has DJI stopped distributor deliveries altogether??? I think it is about time for DJI to come clean re: deliveries and delays!!!

DJI is not currently producing enough units to fill all of the outstanding orders as quickly as the sellers thought they would be fulfilled. All sellers are affected by this issue.

DJI is not currently producing enough units to fill all of the outstanding orders as quickly as the sellers thought they would be fulfilled. All sellers are affected by this issue.
Yes, that is pretty obvious, question is, when do we get the update we are now overdue for? e.g. just how many pre-orders are unfulfilled and what is the expected date the backlog will be satisfied - in the USA anyway ? "

Great questions. I doubt DJI is going to lay out these details for us.

I think there was a problem discovered with Mavic's controller that needed a last minute fix. There's a few videos posted to YouTube showing pilotless control input on the controllers sticks. It looks like the craft is out of control, but it's actually erratic mechanical behavior of the controller/transmitter.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Nobody wants them to rush out a defective product or have to R&R same! Having been part of a very large multinational consumer/enterprise oriented company I CAN tell you it is far better to be open and share the pain of such delays. Next time there is an issue with a new/upgraded product there will be more understanding and trust, not angry, suspicious & frustrated consumers (who would pre-order the next new product right now?). Lets face it, we don't know if the majority of pre-orders etc will even be cleared by Christmas at this point. Sure hope so, but without communication only negative feelings, not understanding is likely to prevail....

OK DJI, over to you............

I placed an order on October 15th for a fly more combo and in my last email to them thy replied that they were "Currently we are shipping orders that were placed at the end of September. We are slowly receiving units from DJI and immediately shipping thereafter."
Its killing me...
I have a Christmas vacation to Colombia and i want to video my family farms and beautiful fauna and flora...

I placed an order on October 15th for a fly more combo and in my last email to them thy replied that they were "Currently we are shipping orders that were placed at the end of September. We are slowly receiving units from DJI and immediately shipping thereafter."
Its killing me...
I have a Christmas vacation to Colombia and i want to video my family farms and beautiful fauna and flora...

You might make it!! Hope you do anyway.
I ordered after the list "closed", but was told there was a good chance I would make it onto it, as people were still dropping off. They have not even responded to my last 2 emails - not holding my breath!! Not really happy with their communication level either I might add - all I want is the facts - I can live and/or make other decisions with facts....

You might make it!! Hope you do anyway.
I ordered after the list "closed", but was told there was a good chance I would make it onto it, as people were still dropping off. They have not even responded to my last 2 emails - not holding my breath!! Not really happy with their communication level either I might add - all I want is the facts - I can live and/or make other decisions with facts....
I hear you Snowbird. This whole launch appears to be a *********** from day one. Direct orders from DJI and resellers have been nothing but a mess...
To be honest i am a big fan of "instant gratification". I guess this helps me work on my character defects... ;)

I hear you Snowbird. This whole launch appears to be a *********** from day one. Direct orders from DJI and resellers have been nothing but a mess...
To be honest i am a big fan of "instant gratification". I guess this helps me work on my character defects... ;)
My negative character traits will definitely be getting a workout - particularly Patience and Jealousy!!!! I now expect my Mavic Pro mid - late December!! Good news is I DO expect one - and there is lots of time to read and understand all the lucky people having fun! Happy Flying!!

So an update from innovative UAS appeared today... They are still filling orders from late September...
What a mess...
I am looking for local dealers to see if i can get one from them and cancel my October 15th order.
I hate to say but i am getting desperate and want this bird for my December vacation!!
Any ideas or suggestions?

There are a few folks offering Mavics for a premium price - some are sure to be scams though. As more are delivered that might be an option, as competition will bring the premium down. An email to Innovative asking how many they have delivered and how many "to go" before your order might be filled should/might give you some comfort, although it is by no means a sure thing as they are being dictated to by DJI. At least you would have a clue - my date is after yours, so I am not likely to get mine before I leave on vacation either. Innovative appear to be trying to communicate better which is good, now if we could get an idea of actual deliveries and how many to go, it would certainly allay a lot of angst. Good luck, let us know what you find - I am sure other members are thinking along the same lines.

There are a few folks offering Mavics for a premium price - some are sure to be scams though. As more are delivered that might be an option, as competition will bring the premium down. An email to Innovative asking how many they have delivered and how many "to go" before your order might be filled should/might give you some comfort, although it is by no means a sure thing as they are being dictated to by DJI. At least you would have a clue - my date is after yours, so I am not likely to get mine before I leave on vacation either. Innovative appear to be trying to communicate better which is good, now if we could get an idea of actual deliveries and how many to go, it would certainly allay a lot of angst. Good luck, let us know what you find - I am sure other members are thinking along the same lines.
Yeah... Not keen in financing privateers and their expensive booty.
I work to hard for my money to blow it like that.
I will send a email to Innovative later on and see what they say. They even mentioned that they wont answer any more questions regarding this subject via phone calls...
Gotta keep working on patience and understanding in the mean time....
Thanks for the ear!!

So it looks like I am done with Innovative UAS.
I hunted the whole state of Florida and Georgia for a combo and was able to find one in Jacksonville, Florida..
Built Drones is shipping one out today/tomorrow!!
Only downside I had to pay taxes and shipping.
Small price to pay to know I'll have it before I travel and I will have some stick and app time before I depart.
If anyone is still looking for a bird they may be able to hook you up!!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

... you could have ordered this one: DJI Mavic Pro Fly More COMBO - In Hand, BRAND NEW, FAST SHIP | eBay

Only $4,000

Interesting the greedy seller shows his address on the eBay ad:
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Alex! - Happy for you. Don't think I will be so lucky to have mine before vacation starts. Not sure my faith in DJI is going to hold. Send photos/videos after vacation!!!!

Straight flying!!!

Hey Snow Bird!
I got lucky finding these folks after an exhaustive search.
I will share some video and pics once I figure out the editing part of this new hobby...
Keep the faith, or hunt around...

I don't know about these guys but I received my Fly More package that was ordered October 7th direct from DJI, December 1st.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi