DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Input about M2Z camera. Think I might have a busted one.

eric32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of sending this Mavic 2 Zoom back. No matter what I do, I cannot get the footage to look even half usable. I've been doing still photography forever and I'm definitely capable of ISO/SS/Aperature. I've never done aerial videography.

I shot this at:
4K/30FPS
ISO 100
1/50
D-Cinelike
ND16
DJI App and Histogram confirm proper exposure. Too me it looks a tad underexposed, but it says on the app that its a half stop over exposed.

I've done basic correction and basic color grading and exported it, and its complete garbage.

Makes no sense to me.

Do you guys see anything here that jumps out?

When I take still photos with the drone RAW and edit them, they look great.

Thanks for taking a look.

Auto or manual exposure? White balance etc etc many things to check.

To me lts looks as those there is no Color Grade applied and this is just the Raw footage.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the water.

Yeah, thanks for looking! Its not graded. Even on my computer the raw looks awful. I saved it to a thumb drive and looked at it on my GFs Mac and it looks great. Sooooooo, I have some kind of issue with my computer video card setting and premiere and my samsung 49inch curved monitor. So Im going to be spending the night on Google doing that.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Oh if you want to know what Im seeing all the trees look super fuzzy and everything looks out of focus. But on the mac it looks sharp and clean.

I always use "normal" mode

Oh if you want to know what Im seeing all the trees look super fuzzy and everything looks out of focus. But on the mac it looks sharp and clean.
Eric,
I was going to comment on the fuzzy trees the other day but hesitated to because I dont know what effects d-cinelike are or actually know what it is. Glad you found a PC issue from testing it on the mac. Hope you found a solution. On my zoom I just shoot normal and when I remember to pre focus most of the shots come out fine right out of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum