DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

mstef66

Reactions
FYI,

I called my State Farm agent today and asked about personal article insurance for my Mavic.

I got full replacement lost or damaged no deductible for only $24/yr

Who all is insuring their Mavic Pro??

Mike

Reactions: jetyancey and Wersh
Reactions: MotorMan
FYI,

I called my State Farm agent today and asked about personal article insurance for my Mavic.

Mike
I read somewhere that I could insure Mavic with State Farm for $60 a year. All said and done, I have coverage for $44 per year with State Farm. I hope I never have to test it. I would be curious to know if anyone with State farm ever had a claim on their Mavic.

Reactions: redfred
I would be curious to know if anyone with State farm ever had a claim on their Mavic.
Yes, some people have posted about it in this forum. So far, it seems most have no trouble getting State Farm to cover their claims within a few days.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Yes, some people have posted about it in this forum. So far, it seems most have no trouble getting State Farm to cover their claims within a few days.

I have been reading the links you posted. Looks like the SF is favorable. Good to hear.

Mike

Think I got screwed. I paid $60 with state farm. Hmmmm. $24? You scored man

So a follow up/related question rather than start a new topic.

Does anyone know 1st hand will they cover used drones? I saw a few posts of people saying you have to provide a receipt, but others not mention it. I do not have a receipt for my drone, but would still like to have insurance coverage for it.

So a follow up/related question rather than start a new topic.

Does anyone know 1st hand will they cover used drones? I saw a few posts of people saying you have to provide a receipt, but others not mention it. I do not have a receipt for my drone, but would still like to have insurance coverage for it.

I needed to provide a sales receipt and serial number.
Worth a call though.
"If you don't ask, the answer is always no."

Mike

FYI,

Mike
I tried getting insurance for my Mavic Pro from my State Farm agent they said they have no such insurance. .

May i use this coverage for another country if i purchase it. And where is the link for this?

I tried getting insurance for my Mavic Pro from my State Farm agent they said they have no such insurance. .

Definitely not true... it's called a PAP policy. I just got one today for $60 a year. Total coverage is $2,000 and covers not just the Drone, but all the accessories the hard case and the iPad Mini 4. It's covered if anything happens to it. Broken, lost, drowned, or stolen.

Definitely not true... it's called a PAP policy. I just got one today for $60 a year. Total coverage is $2,000 and covers not just the Drone, but all the accessories the hard case and the iPad Mini 4. It's covered if anything happens to it. Broken, lost, drowned, or stolen.

Just for the record, PAP stands for Personal Auto Policy. PAF is Personal Article Floater, which is the policy people would need.

What is covered is what is named on the policy. Unless you specifically added the iPad, coverage for it should be denied.

Just for the record, PAP stands for Personal Auto Policy. PAF is Personal Article Floater, which is the policy people would need.

What is covered is what is named on the policy. Unless you specifically added the iPad, coverage for it should be denied.

With all due respect, and to set the record straight and clear.... PAP stands for Personal Articles Policy as far as State Farm insurance is concerned. And yes, the the iPad was added along with every single accessory I purchased. All I had to do was send receipts.

Personal Articles Policy – State Farm®

A PAP claim will enter the ChoicePoint/LexisNexis risk rating database. That has the potential of affecting your future homeowner premiums. Whether underwriters will consider the claim as a valid reason for raising your premium is debatable. What is not, however, is that the claim WILL be listed in your risk profile for many years. Here's what a SF agent told me when I asked her if a claim could raise my premiums:

Your concerns are all totally valid!

A personal articles policy (PAP) policy is considered a “fire” policy. Under the fire category is home, PAP, and inland marine policies. If there is a claim on any of these policies, it is recorded in Lexus Nexus and does affect your future rating if you intend to get any of those policies started as new business.

With State Farm (I can’t speak for other companies) if you do a PAP claim during a time where you have an existing home policy, it will not affect your rate. As I mentioned before, however, if you start a new home policy, it does have the potential to affect that.

Any claim on any property policy could be considered during underwriting for rating purposes by any carrier, so it’s no different than having an auto claim and then shopping your auto policy after.

Emphasis added by me. There are plenty of people here who have posted that they filed a claim and had no adverse affect on their homeowner policies. There are some who have even stated that their agents assured them there is no risk. At the end of the day, anyone considering such a policy must weigh the risk/reward ratio and determine if it is a good buy. In my case (since I shop around for lowest rates at every annual renewal) it does not make sense.

FYI,

Mike
$24.00 a year? $2.00 a month??

$24.00 bucks is a great deal, mine cost $60, but that's still more than worth insuring $1,400.00 worth of gear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13