DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent flight modes

Buzz Lightyear

Reactions
Am I correct when flying in one of the intelligent flight modes with the mavic 2 pro that even when your settings are set to shoot 4K video it’s not going to shoot 4K in any of the intelligent modes?

Correct

Am I correct when flying in one of the intelligent flight modes with the mavic 2 pro that even when your settings are set to shoot 4K video it’s not going to shoot 4K in any of the intelligent modes?

Not all Intelligent Flight modes. I think it's mostly the QuickShots that generate 1k videos. The idea with QuickShots is that they wanted to offer something that could be immediately shared on social media, so couldn't be full-blown 4K (especially not h.265)

The other Intelligent Flight modes (POI, Active Track, Waypoints*, Tap Fly should all take full sized video / stills.

* There's another thing called Hyperlapse Waypoints, not to be confused with the normal Waypoint Intelligent Flight mode I wish they would have called that something other than Hyperlapse Waypoints. But Hyperlapses are not full video modes, but rather are time-lapse modes (many single still photos turned into a video at the end of the hyperlapse flight).

Chris

I thought all the modes I have used turned into 1080.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329