DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting Discovery

Top Hat

Reactions
I literally just landed the MP, but before take off I was going to format my SD and found out that there's no SD as per app. Oh well,since I already fired it up I don't wanna shut it down anymore just to chk just gonna fly around not taking video. But while flying, by muscle memory I guess I hit the record button and to my amazement it started recording, w/ no SD! I checked my phone after landing and there it is, the flight video this AM. I confirmed that I actually forgot to put the SD back last time I flew it. This means I can just pull the vids/pics from the phone. I know the pros/cons of cache vs SD data, but last time I chk and watched the vids/pics on my 4K TV they are almost the same in quality.

The quality is not the same. The video on your phone is lo Rez.
The SD card records up to 4K. If you think it looks the same then either your tv is not set at 4K or your eyes are deceiving you!

It is 720p by default, or 1080p if downlink set to HD.

With relatively poor downscaling and low bitrate / visible compression, but still.

I have my video and downlink setup to 1080p, maybe the reason I'm not seeing significant differences when viewing @ 4K TV, or the TV is up scaling the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78