DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting observation...

But why would you not upgrade. Don't want the latest features? I am not sure. It is not mandated but is recommended. It is the user choice.
Hi Ed,

I was just pointing out that there has never been a mandatory upgrade forced by DJI.
It is entirely up to the user whether they want to or not.
Some prefer not to be early adopters of FW changes and wait until any bugs manifest themselves before taking the plunge themselves.
If some users are perfectly happy with their platform and wish to not upgrade further then they can.

Date :
2016-10-21

Firmware :
DJI
GO
App iOS
:
DJI
GO App
Android

What’s New

Optimized the Return
Home and Landing (refer to the user manual for details).
Reduced descent issue caused from flying indoors to outdoors.
Minimized an overheating issue resulting from not removing the gimbal clamp after powering on the aircraft.
Improved the stability of the aircraft when switching between Portrait and Landscape
Optimized the ActiveTrack experience, keeping moving subjects in center frame more effectively and smoothing footage
Optimized control parameters to improve the flight experience
Fixed occasional issue of GPS signal loss

For the majority of them, it is a loan. They have to send them back for others to try. I pretty sure that Phillip Bloom got to keep his and a few other persons of influence as well.

We do hire folks. Look at our website. I started as a forum poster. Was recognized by DJI and now I have a full time job with them. It does happen. However, you have to be willing to move to LA.

Haha ed ur cute..tx

Not that cute but thank you. Our support started out with just me. I now have a team of 4 additional people and I don't know how many we have in China and other locations. Mavic Pilots, Phantom Pilots, Inspire Pilots, RCG, Facebook, Twitter and all of the other International Forums are where we have a presence.

The new App has Focus Peaking and Manual Focus for those that are interested.

That is a very cool feature IMO! I've had laser surgery so have excellent eyesight and I'm a professional cameraman in the music industry but focus peaking is super useful!

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I agree. Users wanted it on the Inspire X5 and X5R. They just got it. The Mavic will come with it out of the box. It makes this a great backup or a B reel platform.

Reactions: Bibs
That's awesome that we have DJI representation on this forum!

So, how does one actually know the wind speed and when it's not safe to fly? I flew my P3A off the cliffs of Sydney over the ocean with winds that kind of scared me but was shocked at how well it handled it. I don't have any idea how fast the wind was blowing though....
Great mentions of portable weather tools. I have a Kestrel, but also use the "WindFinder" app to help plane before I head out to fly.

Having had a fatal Phantom 3 Pro crash very likely due to the battery firmware issue that DJI later fixed (DJI was awesome and rebuilt/replaced the drone), I think I'd think long and hard before not upgrading firmware...

Having had a fatal Phantom 3 Pro crash very likely due to the battery firmware issue that DJI later fixed (DJI was awesome and rebuilt/replaced the drone), I think I'd think long and hard before not upgrading firmware...
Agree, many pilots were hesitant to upgrade and many stayed on a previous version due to fear DJI would take 2 steps forward and one back. I updated my P3 to every firmware release and never had one issue on my pre-release bird. Firmware updates are not released for fun, they are normally released to fix a known issue or function, would you rather fly with a known issue fixed, or with the possible unknown one introduced with the new firmware.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929