DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference?

Thanev

Reactions
I would like to get footage of a metal train trestle,flying through the structure.
Should I be concerned about corruption of the rc signal as it is a metal structure?
I would be calibrating and starting the flight well away from the structure.

I would like to get footage of a metal train trestle,flying through the structure.
Should I be concerned about corruption of the rc signal as it is a metal structure?
I would be calibrating and starting the flight well away from the structure.

I’d be very concerned about the RC signal, and GPS blockage.

Actually I would not be too concerned about either the RC connection or the GPS reception, but there have been at least a couple of incidents posted on these forums where the magnetic interference from those structures caused yaw errors and uncontrolled flight.

Reactions: bumper
flying through over or near large metal structures has the potential to interfere with the drones normal operation and you have to be aware of those facts which you obviously are, because you came on the forum for advice,much better than coming on after the event, and asking why your drone crashed ,and getting @sar104 to explain what happened

Reactions: Thanev
I will try to fly with GPS disabled and rely on vision positioning like flying indoor. Bear in mind that you cannot fly too fast in that mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS