DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing Dronelink

Actually your right, Dronelink is not listed on the Google Play store at the moment.
I checked it on the phone, tablet and PC.

It could be the something to do with the region we live in.

It was in another thread. It has to do with the DJI SDK and android. I believe DJI needs to correct something so that Google Play have it. If Dronelink makes any changes to the app you will be notified within the app to download the new version.

It was in another thread. It has to do with the DJI SDK and android. I believe DJI needs to correct something so that Google Play have it. If Dronelink makes any changes to the app you will be notified within the app to download the new version.

Yes, I remember that now, you need to download it from the Dronelink website after getting a license

Hey guys,

I just grabbed DroneLink to mess with on my Mavic Mini - Q for you more seasoned pros. I created a mession on my desktop then went out to the location only to discover my start point was right under a bunch of power lines. Is there a way I can manually lift off - maneuver over to near the start area then execute the mission? I tried for a bit and couldnt figure it out on my phone so I returned home :(

Yes You can fly to a point and then start mission

Yes You can fly to a point and then start mission

I have a few questions when using Dronelink for free flight without mission planning

How do I make the following changes in ?
  • Flight mode e.g. changing to sport mode
  • RTH parameters e.g. RTH height
  • Frequency and manual channel selection
  • Expo/Yaw and gimbal controls
  • Intelligent Flight modes
  • Obstacle avoidance options
  • NTSC/PAL settings

I purchased the hobbyist subscription and was wondering if there is a way to get the apk to install on an Amazon Fire tablet? I've done the necessary hacks to get Google Play and Google products to run on the device but to install the apk, the Fire OS says that its not going to work. Was hoping for a workaround.

Thanks!

You can get the apk here

Just click on any "Dronelink" link to take you the the apk download
The CS and Phantom 4 links are the 32bit app

I can't find this on the Google play store?

The APK isn't on Google Play. You need to download it from the Dronelink website when you login there.

Hey guys,

I just grabbed DroneLink to mess with on my Mavic Mini - Q for you more seasoned pros. I created a mession on my desktop then went out to the location only to discover my start point was right under a bunch of power lines. Is there a way I can manually lift off - maneuver over to near the start area then execute the mission? I tried for a bit and couldnt figure it out on my phone so I returned home :(

You absolutely can - I'm publishing a video showing a mission I did on DL's youtube page in the next few hours - and I did exactly that. Flew to a location and asked if I wanted to fly even though it was away from my original planned take off area. Only issue you need to be concerned with is that the altitude is based upon your take off location. If you're flying from a completely different altitude than where your mission is based upon, it will be higher/lower.

If you're flying from a completely different altitude than where your mission is based upon, it will be higher/lower.

I thought the altitude was always based on the actual takeoff point. Is this not correct?

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim
When I clicked on the link to learn about Dronelink I was prompted for $20 without seeing anything about your products. Respectfully, do you have a link to something that would tell me about your product(s) without me spending money?

Reactions: shutterup
When I clicked on the link to learn about Dronelink I was prompted for $20 without seeing anything about your products. Respectfully, do you have a link to something that would tell me about your product(s) without me spending money?

You can check out their youtube videos

Reactions: reaganbp
Agreed, that's why I like Google play links, you can see more information and read reviews from others who have paid, I mean, it looks great, but...

Agreed, that's why I like Google play links, you can see more information and read reviews from others who have paid, I mean, it looks great, but...

Without boring you, there is a technical reason why Dronelink cannot easily offer the native app on the play store.

To make you comfortable:

a) You can read reviews and comments about it on the IOS store
b) You can check out DL's facebook page (as well as their web site, Youtube page, etc.). The hype is real. For $20, you're adding a bunch of new functionality to your DJI drone.
c) You can check out the user group pager which now have thousands of users actively flying and making videos.
d) You can also check out the video put out by non-biased YouTubers and pilots who have been sharing their reviews, questions, and experiences with DL.
e) The team that worked on Dronelink worked on Autopilot - who of the oldest autonomous software solutions out there. This is not a fly by night organization for someone who is tinkering with creating drone software.

Being over cautious is completely understood. It's your hard earned money for the software - not to mention the drone you're trust it to fly.. But, I can assure you that if you use the software as it's intended, you'll be happy.

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim
How to solve is problem run simulator in Chrome browser ?
The ArcGIS API failed to load

Attachments

• dronelink.png
    dronelink.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 7
What is the reason it's not on the play store?

Without boring you, there is a technical reason why Dronelink cannot easily offer the native app on the play store.

To make you comfortable:

a) You can read reviews and comments about it on the IOS store
b) You can check out DL's facebook page (as well as their web site, Youtube page, etc.). The hype is real. For $20, you're adding a bunch of new functionality to your DJI drone.
c) You can check out the user group pager which now have thousands of users actively flying and making videos.
d) You can also check out the video put out by non-biased YouTubers and pilots who have been sharing their reviews, questions, and experiences with DL.
e) The team that worked on Dronelink worked on Autopilot - who of the oldest autonomous software solutions out there. This is not a fly by night organization for someone who is tinkering with creating drone software.

Being over cautious is completely understood. It's your hard earned money for the software - not to mention the drone you're trust it to fly.. But, I can assure you that if you use the software as it's intended, you'll be happy.

All the videos I can find show pre planned flights of known locations before even leaving a pc, is there functionalities within the app to arrive on a new location, launch and then start automous flight /program within the app?

Thanks

All the videos I can find show pre planned flights of known locations before even leaving a pc, is there functionalities within the app to arrive on a new location, launch and then start automous flight /program within the app?

Thanks

Check out the functions and especially the "on the fly functions" capability:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23