DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Must be inductively coupled. Please explain this setup .

Are you guys lost on this? Haha. The cord will simply pass through the sunroof or window.

I'm going to play with it and see.

I think I may stick it to my sunroof. I do that now to hang my iPad Pro from for the kids to watch Netflix.

Then drop the cables through the sunroof into my lap, and leave the sunroof open slightly to not pinch the wires AND to make small adjustments to the antenna as needed from the drivers seat!

I think this is a brilliant design

Are you guys lost on this? Haha. The cord will simply pass through the sunroof or window.

I'm going to play with it and see.

I think I may stick it to my sunroof. I do that now to hang my iPad Pro from for the kids to watch Netflix.

Then drop the cables through the sunroof into my lap, and leave the sunroof open slightly to not pinch the wires AND to make small adjustments to the antenna as needed from the drivers seat!

I think this is a brilliant design

What I’d propose is for some really long cables and a pole mount. Then you could raise it up and get a lot of extra distance with the additional height.

Reactions: cderoche
You have to be careful with coax lengths. At 2.4/5.8 Ghz, there is tons of loss in signal.
Yup - that's why in a lot of 2.4-5Ghz systems they use rigid coax or some of the new low loss semi-rigid cable.

Yes but the good stuff is like 2" thick! [emoji1]

It's a heavy gauge wire. If you look at their webpage and videos he is commonly making long cables for their Tactical Boxes. I think this is the same materials and wrapping.
I think because of what they build he's probably very aware of the losses of long cabling

It's a heavy gauge wire. If you look at their webpage and videos he is commonly making long cables for their Tactical Boxes. I think this is the same materials and wrapping.
I think because of what they build he's probably very aware of the losses of long cabling
But you don't know. Got a # on the cables you were sent?

Reactions: TCatlson
But you don't know. Got a # on the cables you were sent?

I don't know... I assume this company that so far builds some of the nicest quality kits I've seen on the market period, and specifically builds long 4' cords for their tactical cases, will not have any issue building a 6' one for my purpose. But assumptions.

I don't know how big the pistons are in the engine of my Infiniti either. I assume Infiniti knows what they are doing.

So far been super impressed with Titan and their customer service and responsiveness even in the wake of Hurricane Irma has been spot on.

Do you know what coax he is using? Most slim low loss coax like RG-316 is worthless over a couple feet or longer.

The cables should have a number stenciled on them. Normal coax would have something like RG-58. Low loss would be something like 3 letters followed by some numbers.

When modded antennas are used does the length of the wire have an effect on how strong the signal is? Also when an amp is used does it matter how close it is to the transmitter? I am trying to understand how it all works sorry for the stupid questions.

When modded antennas are used does the length of the wire have an effect on how strong the signal is? Also when an amp is used does it matter how close it is to the transmitter? I am trying to understand how it all works sorry for the stupid questions.
It's a depends kinda question on the amps. Some amps have a variable gain input stage - so the signal coming in can be weaker but still go out at the max rated power (depending on max gain and signal of course). Others assume a specific drive power and have a fixed gain - some folks call those "boosters". Those would suffer degraded signal if there were cable losses since gain is fixed.

Incidentally I've always been skeptical of power amp claims. We've all seen those 1,000 watt booster amps for automobiles and most people realize the power claims are ludicrous given that 1000 W wold require almost 100 amps of current - jumper cables can't even handle that!
Here's a link to a PDF where they get a *commercial* 10 watt amplifier and rig it for Amateur use. Note the size of the circuit board and the size of the heat sinks. It uses a power MOSFET which is about as efficient as it gets in the RF world.
Now - think about that powered antenna with a battery, charging circuit and TWO amplifiers inside....

http://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/uwave/10 Watt RF Power Amplifier for 2.4 GHz.pdf

Reactions: TCatlson
It's a depends kinda question on the amps. Some amps have a variable gain input stage - so the signal coming in can be weaker but still go out at the max rated power (depending on max gain and signal of course). Others assume a specific drive power and have a fixed gain - some folks call those "boosters". Those would suffer degraded signal if there were cable losses since gain is fixed.
Thanks for the info it all just really fascinates me, how a signal can control something over miles away through the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas